Remove items from shops

Reaction score
    I know this can be done just have not found any information about how to.

concept survival server I was just going to remove all shops with
    SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY = 0.08 //(must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no shops spawned in asteroid sectors, 1 is shop spawned in everyone (default: 8% -> 0.08)

Set to 0 for no shops

reading the next dev build I am thinking of leaving shops in game with no inventory except ship cores. The reason would be a way for players to get credits to refurbish stations by selling items to the shops. also to buy the default paint and compress recipes but that can be done from shop blocks.

Reaction score
    Yeah, that's basically what you'd do to remove shops. If it isn't a freshly reset server you'll need to delete any that have already spawned though.

Personally I got tired of playing on survival mode servers, it's fun for a while, trying to gather up some resources while you have pirates after you, but eventually you get some turrets/a big ship that make the pirates irrelevant, and players tend to want to avoid PvP combat as they'll likely have to build a new ship once it is over. (win or lose if it is an even fight)

Reaction score
    but there is no way to get money with out shops to sell to for the cost of a starbase

most people want starbase over planet base and the issues with planets and large ships i prefer them to use starbases.

so probelm is how to pay for it i could give them 2billion to start but the new patch has pay to repair starbases. they will just waste $$ on that or make new toon with different names to get $$.

so far my best bet is empty shops nothing stocked but ship cores that people can sell stuff to get money for starbases

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you got a Vote payment system on your server you could delete all your shops.
    Or set your Config to pay blueprints in blocks.
    In the actual factory state you need some energyrechargers to do a survival map.
    You cannot create any rechargers without having some.
    You can change the settings that there are no shops spawning.
    then delete all the Shops from the entity folder.

Reaction score
    ok found it

under modding there is a block editor that you can change inshop to false

now the question is i can change this on my local machine and then FTP to the server but I don't know what file is changed any ideas?