Remove Debug Messages

Reaction score
    ... or toggle.

Please, Schema, I'm pretty sure we'd all like to see debug to know where a problem may lie, but seriously, you've caused a problem worse than the lag itself. At least we didn't have to worry about a ship literally being scouted out and killed, while it is a very safe distance away from spawn. Even a simple sector such as 120, 80, 130 could easily be found out if the person has only one capital in that sector, and then it would alert the player pirates as to the location, leaving their "Super secret safety base" not so super secret and safe anymore. Seriously, if you're going to have debug, at least allow it to be disabled, or keep it only in the logs.

I'm hoping you'll see this and implement a quick fix to stop other people from being raided due to this fault. I realize you're trying to help, but it hurt more than helped.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As a pirate/griefer on the NASS server, I fully support the idea that the debug messages should be changed to not reveal the location of the lag source publicly, or even that the messages should only be shown to admins. Really, it is far too easy to keep an eye on these messages, pick out a target and go get free stuff.

I, too, hope that Schema does something about this soon, though I will certainly continue to abuse all heck out of this while it lasts.

Nerf please Schema.

Reaction score
    Agreed this was a stupid thing to put in the game schema what the hell were u thinking making this msg public leave it to admins only or add a option to disable it like u did for the other debug msgs