Remove concentrated fire?

Reaction score
    When you fire your weapons, all the projectiles converge on the same point. I propose that this system be removed, as I find it annoying when I want to deal damage to the hull over a wide area but am restricted to damaging one block at a time. It would also curb the ability to tunnel to the enemy core. Instead, weapons should act in much the same way as they do when you fire into space or in the way that salvage beams work. Projectiles should travel and land relative to where they were fired from.

This encourages intelligent weapon placement. Placing weapons close together in a checkerboard formation would deal damage in a small radious, and spreading weapons out would deal damage overa large radius. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

And once again I call for the targetting diamond to be around the whole ship rather than around the core, as I dislike the fact that you can effectively drill to the enemy core with concentrated fire. The core should be protected and hidden.

Reaction score
    I support, the current system discourages use of \"Space shotguns\"and encourages 20K damage machinegun sniper lasers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yep. The crosshairs should just be the path that your shots fire parellel along.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea. I always find it odd that AMC fire pattern changes when the other weapons do not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1, it would also make little, fast and agile ships more viable... With this, a ship with cannons far away from the cockpit would have a hard time hitting small targets like Isanth-IVs... I have a ship with all the weapons like 50m away from the cockpit and still can be precise enough to destroy pirates in 4 shots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The concentrated fire encourages players to reinforce their cores, and protect it with much force. If it\'s harder to find and hit, it will make defenses weaker on ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently with a split array focus firing, it doesn\'t matter how you protect your core. If someone gets one or two clean shot aimed at your core, unless it was twenty to thirty layers deep on all sides, then you die. Anyways it will not stop people from making S or Y split cannons which have over lapping points which all of the cannons fire from the same point.

Reaction score
    Yeah always wondered why it was like that, would be much more fun if there was spread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    10/10. I always was confused by this myself. My ship has 14 cannons that can deal out around 12k damage a shot (all together). This would be nice if the hulls has 100k life or something but all you really seem to need is 1 cannons that fires like a lazer and fire for the diamond. Big ships like mine look pretty but their cannons are worthless when firing on ther ships..who needs to do 12k damage to one block anyway.

Would love to see this done.

Reaction score
    This idea only works if you presume that the weapon arays have no targeting computers of any kind, which there would be in a game like this.

I think that this should be toggled on or off by the player or the targeting may only work if the playe is in a weapons computer meaning big ships would need people manning computers in order to hit fighters.