Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would like to suggest a couple of things;

1) Labeled cameras
    2) Remote Activation block

1) Labeled Camera would allow a builder to enter block and assign a name or say 20 characters of data to the camera.

When operating the vessel the player can enter the camera as they can at the moment, and that 20 character name is displayed on the screen. Examples might include "docking cam", "port aft view", "engineering", or "security bay 01".

It would really help navigate through multiple camera views much more easily while flying a ship or on a station with lots of cameras.

2) Remote Activation block would allow a logic system to activate a block on another ship or station's structure. In turn this block could be used in that other ship or station's logic.

This could be used for example to allow a ship to control landing lights or open a docking bay door or detonate a bomb. Later as other things are introduced to the game it could be used to trigger a drone to return to dock for example.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For No. 2, use your docking beam to hit an activator. It will activate it.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For No. 2, use your docking beam to hit an activator. It will activate it.
    Thanks that's useful, but not quite what I meant.
    Another example might be for example that when you're entering a jump gate you can activate that (using a docking beam as you say, for example) and it makes the gate at the OTHER END of the jump start flashing lights so that other ships are warned a ship is about to warp in.

Another use might be that you may want a missile to engage thrusters only once clear of launching bays... or a bunch of stuff that doesn't even occur to me yet but which I'll bet would be useful to vets that know the game a lot more than I do yet.

The logic systems are currently locked inside one entity. Once they are given an ability to be linked from entity to entity a whole ton of options will become available.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    It's pretty hard to believe we still don't have labeled cameras. Especially where it shows the label after you are in it.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well I'm super stoked that we got wifi blocks... I knew they'd be useful and I'm looking forward to fully exploring their potential.

Now where's mah camera labels!?

>:/

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well I'm super stoked that we got wifi blocks... I knew they'd be useful and I'm looking forward to fully exploring their potential.

Now where's mah camera labels!?

>:/
    You can do this by offsetting text in display modules.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thank you yes I've used this method often, but in many cases I want the camera to be somewhere that a display block can't be placed to the left of it... out on the end of an antenna for example, or on the tip of the port wing... it would be so much simpler and nicer if you could simply name the block and that name showed in the top left (or where-ever) when you entered that camera in flight mode... don't you agree?