Remember Gravity After Logout

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's great to log back in and be on the same ship even if it's moved, but gravity always shuts off unless I'm on a planet. It'd be nice to keep gravity settings too. Please be careful of glitches from sideways gravity when coding this.

Reaction score
    gravity always shuts off unless I'm on a planet
    Remembering gravity across sessions doesn't work for planets either from what I can tell, but planets tend to capture you back into their gravity. However I've been able to float out of planets' gravity wells too, as long as I don't jump or align to it in any way.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Remembering gravity across sessions doesn't work for planets either from what I can tell, but planets tend to capture you back into their gravity. However I've been able to float out of planets' gravity wells too, as long as I don't jump or align to it in any way.
    BUGZ. That definitely needs to be fixed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've wondered about this too. You would have to have the gravity stay off until the ship you were in finished loading. So you didn't fall through it.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've wondered about this too. You would have to have the gravity stay off until the ship you were in finished loading. So you didn't fall through it.
    Great idea! Ditto for space stations. I can't use the tutorial space station because the NPCs fall through the floor before the station has materialized.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Gravity as a whole needs another pass.

As is, when on a planet starting up I dock a core to the ground so that I can jump in and out of it to turn off planetary gravity so I can fly up onto my defense tower to work on my turrets.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Didn't it used to be like this? I remember spawning in underground on planets after logging out on them many times in the past, because the gravity auto-kicked in and sent me plummeting to the core through unloaded blocks.

So, I'm going to have to say "hell no" until that gets fixed.

Reaction score
    Gravity as a whole needs another pass.

As is, when on a planet starting up I dock a core to the ground so that I can jump in and out of it to turn off planetary gravity so I can fly up onto my defense tower to work on my turrets.
    Certainly "gravity" is unsatisfactory as it is now. Its statelessness is one thing, its integration with game logic is another - the gravity unit can only toggle, not explicitly set or reset, your gravity; that regularly breaks automating changing gravity say, in airlocks - if you accidentally already are "in gravity", an automated "airlock" can't tell, and will make you weightless again.
    Another thing is the complete lack of a transition - most of the times a sudden change in gravity is disorienting to say the least. Biggest problem is the automatic alignment (or the lack of free rotation in astronaut mode), until that is addressed, a gradual change over a second or two would help immensely.

Didn't it used to be like this? I remember spawning in underground on planets after logging out on them many times in the past, because the gravity auto-kicked in and sent me plummeting to the core through unloaded blocks.

So, I'm going to have to say "hell no" until that gets fixed.
    If that was supposed to be a fix, then the fix needs to be fixed, so yes... hell no until that gets fixed.