Release Date

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When is the full, completed version going to be released? I've just taken a break from Starmade and now I'm back wondering how far development has come.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hint we're in Alpha and a project like this is never truly done.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Apparently the game will go into alpha when it is considered "Feature complete", which the devs consider to be after they do the AI overhaul (a fair way away)

Another year or 2 imo until beta.

Reaction score
    Honestly, I'm in no rush.

With the abhorration that is Battlefront's lack of content, I want to see this game get developed out totally before being. It's got so many things going for it, the biggest being an incredibly community and a mostly-completely interactive development staff.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll be surprised if the code goes gold before the end of the decade. There are so many great ideas and changes all the time, and big updates spawn a whole new wave of ideas.

I think the game would develop faster if a modular API is released. I think the community will gladly donate solid, bulletproof changes that would make the game better, faster.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    There's easily at least another year, already have a fair chunk of next year already planned out development wise, it fills up pretty quickly.