Release Candidate

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

just a quick update. The current pre-build is pretty much ready to release. With to our new policy we will let it run on the test server for at least one day and optimally longer to ensure there is nothing bad in that build we didn't know about.

Expect the release probably monday. Of course, you can already play it if you switch to the pre branch.

StarMade has never been this stable. However, there is of course a lot of work left still, but it will get only better from here.

After drawing writing up countless pages of concepts and design documents, as well as daily discussions we are very close to announcing our new power proposal. We agree with a lot of the constructive criticisms the last one got and we started fresh in a very systematic and analytic way. We are currently writing up the final document meant for public release. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - the Schine Team

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Am very excited for this to drop. (and 1st!)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Will there be a full list of bugfixes since the last official release? I know you already published a list for the RC news post

Reaction score
    i love this game as much as i want the update now i will wait as hard as it is to do lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You dont have to wait, just switch to the pre branch and start screwing around now.

Hope you guys found all the fleet docks problems. I couldnt get the bug to replicate any more, at least.

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    I much prefer the longer release cycles with more updates in the middle of them to the old way, I really hope SchDev keeps this up! Much more fun development process to watch. :^D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Dev or Pre branch?

In any event this should be interesting to mess around in. :) Lets see if we can break the server legally. :)

D

Deleted member 678402

I am happy to know the power update is chugging along nicely and that you have lived up to perfecting your releases.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    that news was eagerly awaited i really really hope you took your time. i mean there is still time for the kinks but the proposal means a load to the constructing kind of the community.