release 2 Vayger AGAMEMNON super-carrier (updated, post 32)

Reaction score
    done working on this for now, currently doing a 1:1 scale combat carrier from the complex mod for HW2

Updated (exterior): http://star-made.org/comment/20747#comment-20747

updated (weapons): http://star-made.org/comment/34875#comment-34875

Download Link: http://star-made.org/node/7392

SCROLL DOWN FOR PROCESS PICS

note: this will be partly a display of the work progress in creating a massive ship, my thought processes, and a journal for me and you all to see this large ship design in production from start to finish.

so... this is going to be my new ship... and it will be glorious!

(more pics will be added as the ship takes shape, right now its just the outer skeleton)

planned: huge maw of a docking bay hanger for fighters/corvettes, several side docking ports for resource collectors, and will be bristling with turrets.

ideas: to match the blue glow the hangars in HW2 had, im going to be using ice crystals in all their glowy goodness, matched with blue and white hulls to get the colors right.

needs scaling to not be TOO big, but general proportions/locations of bays/hull/shape etc will be as close as possible.

FOR MAKAAN!

Reaction score
    work on the hull continues, the outline for the fighter hangar pylons is in place.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn that is an amazing looking build, keep up the good work. I loved Homeworld!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    its amazing, still problem is that after hours of work there will be always some idiot that will put up flying tetris giant dumb filled with weapons just to destroy it ... hopefuly not

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Either resize another version of the picture (500px wide) and link that to the original, or put down the link.

Damn fine work btw, I love your ships, the detail and flow of the hulls is always quite good.

Reaction score
    :D i know right! theres a kickstarter on now that basically merries HW2 with a space sim, where you can take direct control of each ship if you want, looks amazing.

Void-Destroyer

Reaction score
    yea ty

and ill try and smack some sense into imageshack when making the link

Reaction score
    its on my SP atm, going to save versions of it to use in multiplayer, and no... whoever attacks it will need to basically have a ship thats nothing but antimatter cannons to even dent what i plan on doing for shields/power

Reaction score
    ty, if it turns out good, and it actually works with the slim design Relic did for their ship designs in HW2, ill be making a vayger carrier, and a modified battlecruiser, complete with trinity cannons and a giant dorsal missile array :D

Reaction score
    new fighter design to be docked inside (planning on having ~15-20 of these docked inside)

design based on the Vayger interceptor

Reaction score
    hangar bay work continues... the lighting turned out as good as i hoped!

the fighter docking bays fit nicely inside, theres some wierd sizing bugs with the docking ports not expanding as intended in some directions on a few of the ports, oh well, the fighters still dock ok.

now that i figured out plex doors can be opened by docking beams (/facepalm) the main hangar is protected by huge doors on each side. new turrets large and small are also being tested.

Reaction score
    the work on the rear section has begun, i\'ve been playing with the symetry tool, as the rear of the vessel is symetric (most of the rest is not, so its mostly done manually).

fitting the ammount of power generation i need to feed the massive engine system (which still i think needs to be expanded to be able to get up to 50 speed) is going to be a spatial puzzle im looking forward to.

the interior is currently empty (soon to change), and the framing inside the hangar to provide adequate passageways for crew to safely reach their ships and systems has been lined up.

Reaction score
    finalized the heavy fighter-bomber design that fits inside the hangar, its a close one but it works...

the main engineering block is outlined, there will be much MUCH more shielding than whats on here, this is just whats put in to fill the gaps between the massive reactor system (280,000 + e/s) with the power storage capacitors (650,000 e buffer).

with a full hangar now, work can begin in earnest on furnishing the interior of the ship :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m amazed by the hangar bay, gonna definitely dig those ice crystals.

Reaction score
    yea its a great color to match the style of hangar bays in the homeworld series this project is modeled after:

Reaction score
    work continues, the interior of the main carrier is still a WIP, there is a lot of detail work to be done on the main ship but in the interim, i\'ve designed a recration (at least on the scale ive done this and in lieu of using cubes..) of the vayger assault frigate.

the frigate is a WIP, there will be two docked on the platform between the launcher pylon in the back and the main hangar module (docking is outlined in the rear, hint, its the big one).

detail hasnt been added to the frigates (yet) but the weapons, shields and power system all work, and i\'ve used the point defence turrets on it (still again, placeholder) to get a sense of how it will be lined up in the future :D

NOTE: yes i know chain docking isnt in the game yet, so the turrets will have to be removed for transport until it is implemented. :(

Reaction score
    Will this ever be available for download? I have this thing for massive, awesome ships, even in SP, and this is amazing. I love Homeworld\'s Vaygr.