Recognized Relating to armor when shielded.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I'm a bit too tired and lazy to make a simple search. A lot has been said about the effectiveness of armor relating to combat, and the general amount of time a battle takes. My suggestion is that the armor value of a block is taken into consideration even when the shields are still up. Values may have to be changed to accommodate this, but it would make the relation between advanced, standard and basic hull more dynamic, with advanced providing excellent protection against the enemy but being hard to produce. Basic hull providing very little protection, but being very easy to produce. And standard hull being a compromise of both.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Some balancing would need to be done on the fact that 50% (which may be increasing next patch, thanks Calbiri!) + 30% from passive pierce (or is it punch?) + 60% from Ion.

I'm thinking that the hull armor rating booster doesn't apply until shields are down, and that the shield armor rating boost from hull is halved.

Reaction score
    We actually went and planned an entire defensive system around the Armor blocks a ship has, to provide a layer of damage mitigation that behaves seperately from the shields, while giving its own unique feel and function. This is the Armor System that I have vaguely mentioned before. Sorry if the details have been lacking, but until it is actually put into place, I hesitate to describe exactly how I would like it to work as that has often had to change in the past with other systems we introduce. The short explanation is that your armor blocks (which are getting their own HP and armor rating buffed this very optimization patch) will count towards an overall ship armor rating, this rating will apply damage mitigation when and only if incoming fire hits an armor block. This will make placement of armor far more important that it was previously, as well as providing a level of protection more on par in its scaling with how shields and weapons work.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We actually went and planned an entire defensive system around the Armor blocks a ship has, to provide a layer of damage mitigation that behaves seperately from the shields, while giving its own unique feel and function. This is the Armor System that I have vaguely mentioned before. Sorry if the details have been lacking, but until it is actually put into place, I hesitate to describe exactly how I would like it to work as that has often had to change in the past with other systems we introduce. The short explanation is that your armor blocks (which are getting their own HP and armor rating buffed this very optimization patch) will count towards an overall ship armor rating, this rating will apply damage mitigation when and only if incoming fire hits an armor block. This will make placement of armor far more important that it was previously, as well as providing a level of protection more on par in its scaling with how shields and weapons work.
    Yay!

Now to make a weapons vs shields suggestion thread....and see how that goes :D