1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Regarding Logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Shadar, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Shadar

I finally started messing around with logic and figured out how to build a system that will undock a drone, open a hangar door and then push the drone outside via a push pulse module. What I haven't been able to do is add the activation block to my weapons bar, thus having a launch drone option among my weapons. Is it possible to add the activation block to the hot bar, or do I need some other block that will work as the activation switch on the hot bar?

2. Megacrafter127

It is currently impossible to activate logic from the hotbar…sadly.

3. Shadar

Well, fiddle sticks. Thanks for letting me know.

4. CyberTao

CyberTao 鬼佬

You can however, put docking modules on the hotbar, clicking will tell it to released whatever is docked. I believe that this is used with Area triggers (which detect a core) as a workaround.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. 0ldSkull

An activation module adjacent to the docking module will change state when you un-dock the ship. This could be used to trigger the other related actions (opening the door etc.), and should even be able to launch more drones by activating (or deactivating; I forget which state is applicable) their associated docking modules.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. HolyCookie

If they make it possible that power supply beam interacts as a high signal it would be possible to have it in your hotbar
      power drain beam would be the low signal

7. Xavori

You can also just throw an activator in your core room and go into build mode for a moment to activate your drone launches.

Pretty much the same trick you'd use to shove all the floaty stuff you get after smashing open a loot pinata.