Refitting Old Famous (And not so famous) StarMade Ships!

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I have found many great .sment files from years ago, and will be refitting all of them! This thread will be updated as I work on and finish them. I will also be twitching streaming occasionally while constructing them!

-List-

I'm sorry if I got the authors wrong on any of these!
    • ferdiheld - HeldTech Briggadier

• m1cr0man - StarCraft Minotaur Concept Cruiser
    • xX_Tyvier_Xx - Sovereign Class (StarTrek)

• Jerry_Brinefield - Defender-Class Light Cruiser (Star Wars)

• Jerry_Brinefield - Hammerhead Class Cruiser (Star Wars KOTOR)

• GaeasSon - Nova Class (Star Trek)

Stretch Goal Refit
    • ferdiheld - HeldTech Damocles

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first ship I will be refitting is the HeldTech Briggadier!

The turrets and ships popped off and are everywhere! :eek:

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I too have refit a few old popular ships. My favorite is a refit of Orphaniels "Rex". Its now called the Joker and I love it. She sits at 552mill power, 56mill shields and 358k mass. The turrets came off the dock and I refit those as well (different weapons, effects, colors and block types). Ive been thinking about posting it on the dock but Id like to get permission from him first. Joker side.png

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I too have refit a few old popular ships. My favorite is a refit of Orphaniels "Rex". Its now called the Joker and I love it. She sits at 552mill power, 56mill shields and 358k mass. The turrets came off the dock and I refit those as well (different weapons, effects, colors and block types). Ive been thinking about posting it on the dock but Id like to get permission from him first.View attachment 37497
    Nice!

HeldTech Briggadier Update 1

I have completely redone the engines, recolored the ship, have gutted the whole internals of the ship, and started work on redoing the external detailing throughout the whole ship. The old docking system has also been completely replaced with the rail system, and point defense turret points have been added.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Held-Tech Gold Briggadier Update 2

Today I have done more wedging, finished up the thrusters, and started work on the hanger!

Everything here is still heavily work in progress, with very little detailing!

Reactions: Scypio and DrTarDIS
    Reaction score
    Starting with the brigadier? Go big or go home I guess XD

Why did you change the colors tho?

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Held-Tech Gold Briggadier Update 2

Today I have done more wedging, finished up the thrusters, and started work on the hanger!

Everything here is still heavily work in progress, with very little detailing!

I watched the door gif for a long time. Hypnotic.

Reactions: Centauri

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Why did you change the colors tho?
    Wanted to have something extremely noticeable on it that showed it being easily differentiated from the original. (And I personally find the gold-like yellow to look nicer :P)

Reaction score
    I'm slightly more interested in the "blobs" (horns? lotsa possible names) removed from the front.

You know the ones, they had four yellow blob-lets on top of them.

I've never flown a Brigadier, never fought one. What were they, and why have they been removed? (and, in so doing, changing the frontal character)
    Allso, sorry if that sounds more, accusatory than simple questioning. I'm kinda bad at questions.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm slightly more interested in the "blobs" (horns? lotsa possible names) removed from the front.

You know the ones, they had four yellow blob-lets on top of them.

I've never flown a Brigadier, never fought one. What were they, and why have they been removed? (and, in so doing, changing the frontal character)
    Allso, sorry if that sounds more, accusatory than simple questioning. I'm kinda bad at questions.
    I removed them because they looked extremely out of place in modern SM textures, and had no use that I know of. They might have been thrusters with how they looked, but that placement for them would have been a bit weird for thrusters. I will be placing something more fitting there in the future however.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Actually Jerry_Brinefield made the Defender and Hammerhead.

I'd also like to point out that he made a better Hammerhead you can get a glimpse of in that Defender pic. I'd refit that one not the original. ;)

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Actually Jerry_Brinefield made the Defender and Hammerhead.

I'd also like to point out that he made a better Hammerhead you can get a glimpse of in that Defender pic. I'd refit that one not the original. ;)
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll change the author now! I'll also check out the better Hammerhead to see about refitting it instead.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Held-Tech Gold Briggadier Update 3

I have lots of things to cover, and won't explain each one in detail!

First up is that I have completely refitted the original fighters, changing them to beam weaponry and overall making them look much better!

Second is that I have added a door similar to the one at the front of the hanger to the back! (For some reason it glitches a bit more than the front, despite using the same idea for building it)

Third is what I would consider one of the most advanced bits of logic I've ever done, is a auto launch/docking system for the hanger. Here is a gif of how the launch portion works. (Gif was created slightly before some aesthetic changes were done, along with the fighter refit) This took about 5 hours to finish but it was well worth the effort.

Lastly, I have completed the launch bay, complete with a logic activated blast fence system!

I hope you like what you see so far, that is all for this update!

Reaction score
    That is beautifull. Is the slight pause before the blast-screens pop-up just a gif error, or is it actually there?
    (or, just a matter of the control-system not being finished at the time you recorded, so it was partly on manual?)

Allso, wherever you do end up putting the logic controls, will there be enough room to add Shootout rails for the launch-bay portion?
    (I've allways thought chucking the planes out of the ship as soon as they're ready to do so was the best thing, in part because it clears the mother-ship's flight-path a bit sooner than otherwise)

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That is beautiful. Is the slight pause before the blast-screens pop-up just a gif error, or is it actually there?
    (or, just a matter of the control-system not being finished at the time you recorded, so it was partly on manual?)
    It is actually there, due to a system I have set up for the launch sequence.

Also, wherever you do end up putting the logic controls, will there be enough room to add Shootout rails for the launch-bay portion?
    (I've always thought chucking the planes out of the ship as soon as they're ready to do so was the best thing, in part because it clears the mother-ship's flight-path a bit sooner than otherwise)
    What exactly do you mean by that?
    [doublepost=1486257403,1486257015][/doublepost]For some laughs, here is the result of all the testing I had done for the launch system

And here is me ramming said results

Reaction score
    Basically, the "launch" portion of the animation seems slow to me, I would (and will if you get the refit finished and released :) ) convert everything past the blast-screens popping up, to shotout rails. ("better" simulation of a combat launch)

The other part of it, is that I'm well aware that the logic-closets/rooms that "most" builders make aren't anything approaching easy to expand upon. (typically because they're either last-minute additions, or they're packed in tighter than the stuff in a bug-out bag)
    For all that this would be 4, maybe 5 blocks, I've met plenty of builds and refits where there wasn't enough room to add that without tearing into otherwise important systems, like shields or power.

Hah! Ramming the chaff-cloud. Allways fun.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Basically, the "launch" portion of the animation seems slow to me, I would (and will if you get the refit finished and released :) ) convert everything past the blast-screens popping up, to shotout rails. ("better" simulation of a combat launch)
    The main problem I would think that would come up from that would be trying to put detailing in those portions due to shootout rails being invisible. I will test it out however. (The ship also has no logic rooms, as I'm absolutely horrible at organizing)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Lot's of Goodies here, I wonder if those guys still play the game