Refitting a Ship, Want Critique.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I have my Emperor Class Carrier, which I am immensely proud of, but I definitely see some room for improvement, as some areas are really not as good as others.

Here's the link to the original ship posting.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/emperor-class-carrier.57/
    In it is this imgur album.
    http://imgur.com/a/Gra1g
    And this youtube video from Raiben.

So far, I've reworked the engine block from this

to this

And I detailed the hangar a bit, from this

to this

I also removed a huge number of plex lighting, and cut down turrets by about 1/3 due to them now being able to damage other turrets.

I feel like these two main changes are a good start for me, as they both go pretty far against my standard shipbuilding. Let me know what's good, or what's not, or anything at all in that album, post or video that you think could use some touching up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    That interior is awesome! I've never been able to get interior right!

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really like the improvements esp the crane lift :0, going for a structural look I would perhaps not go for such a tight grouping as it looks like it's under pressure or like the material is weak and you need more of it like different grades of expanded metal, each will have a suitable purpose, what is the designed framework doing supporting, or keeping, holding. Could also be tons of pressure like there a pressurized tank on the other side, a submarine structure. Perhaps some lighting behind it giving the texture some depth with some color block to show destination or distinction or distraction.

This my control bridge box lol, but the supports are heavy part of a fabricated structure and there locked into a position clamped
    just some more ideas

Simple x support large enough to see past it, or through adds to the depth of view.

Looking from below this box is an entire unit, prefabricated, part of a floor section, so I might have to add some sort of fastener or wedges

trying to get the right amount of lighting helps as well, black is lite sucker lol. Now the roof matches an tells a story of what's going
    on in the construction

I lowered my hull down 12 blocks so I had some cutting to do, had half the ship built trying to get my hanger within the ship to the right scale for the fighter type vessel needed, this structure also holds up or supports a walkway which is also art work when you're walking through it, the right side is completed, angles wedges and gussets hold tons, there is also floor plating as well which were the original floor was. Have to keep playing with the lighting to find the right balance as well. Take a few more picks from different views helps in seeing the views :) excellent work tho.
    Navigation lits as well,Imperial approved as well.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I'm not really interested in changing the hull. I get that my hulls are kinda boxy, but in space, you don't need to be aerodynamic. I take pride in my boxy, realistic, industrial hulls. But that's just me.

I would definitely consider making a mock-up with a widened engine block.

Reactions: WolfChild