RefiDesign Shipworks

Reaction score
    I recently found this game at the beginning of the year and have loved it ever since. I find it fascinating with all the numerous ship designs and styles, as well as all the replicas! Refirendum, your ships, although simple in color scheme (which if definitely not a bad thing) are quite a beauty to behold. As an amateur ship builder and enthusiast, what are some tips you could give about:
    1. Building ships, just in general
    2. Finding optimal power regen/output as well as testing for it
    3. Taking on much larger projects (such as the one you are on right now)
    4. How you start building ships like interior<power<shell<systems (what order you do things in)

Thanks for your contributions to my artistic eye and the starmade community! :)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    build after coming up with an idea. it doesn't have to be a complete idea, you just have to know the general direction you're headed.
    set goals for your build.

regen/output really is just numbers, and the larger you can get the one you're focusing on without crippling other systems, the better. usually i focus on shield capacity and recharge with just enough energy to keep recharge at full and fire my weapons at the same time.

taking on much larger projects is just the two points above combined.

order of which you build ships really depends on your idea. start building whatever you need to get a framework to build your idea from, and after that it really doesn't matter what you do first. i constantly alternate between interior, exterior, and systems, making changes as the ship develops. kind of like how an organic living thing grows from a basic form to a completed adult form.

Reactions: ZMayfire
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Looking gooood Ref, a lady after mine own heart. I haven't worked on my supership in a long while, it's only a matter of time til the drive to work on it returns though (I hope)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Prototype R&D for underside turrets on this ship:

special FX not implemented, and final shape and armoring not settled as of yet.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Why do you have to be so much better than me at everything :'(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Because i can't be better than anyone at anything except for the things i've been showing off.
    it's not that i'm better than you at everything. i just pick and choose where to push comparisons.
    also, the underside of the Hyacinth should be able to field about 5 of these, two at the wing roots, two sideways in the nested underside-armor, and one just ahead of those slightly inset into the underside. the turrets are going to be 200 ish fully retracted about about 300 fully extended.

NOW WITH SPECIAL FX! and my computer's wonderful stuttering.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Looks like the big guns on the USS Vengeance from Star Trek Into Darkness (HINT)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Very lovely, Ref. Since the server I play on has yet to upderp, I've not yet tooled around with anything, but I can tell you that my sketchbook is full of ideas for deployable weapons such as the likes of this one. Will be good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze

new hangar doors

Newest hangar updates:

logic for this is really complex though so i'll have to spend a bunch of time outside of starmade writing down all the programming

for now, this is what i'm gonna stick with.

Last edited: