reduced station spawning in non-special sectors

Reaction score
    After cleaning the pirates out of a remote system I counted about 36 stations in all and only about 10 where not pirates, only 3 of those where trade stations. I already set the shop spawn rate down to about 1 in 100, but some 28 pirate stations in a system that has nothing but two ice planets, an asteroid belt, and me in it is a bit ridiculous. I could understand if there was at least a planet with cities in it or a wormhole, some reason to be there.

I would suggest more station spawn control, or a better method of determining how many stations of each type are spawned.

Alternately I would suggest linking the pirate spawn to the special area rate, as a planet with a city or area with a wormhole nearby would give the pirates a reason to be floating around.

Reaction score
    It's a pretty hard thing to balance. In multiplayer, the 28 pirate stations will be destroyed by the players in no time, leaving the system boring. In singleplayer, it is excessive. I think it is set up for multiplayer servers by default at the moment.

Reaction score
    It's a pretty hard thing to balance. In multiplayer, the 28 pirate stations will be destroyed by the players in no time, leaving the system boring. In singleplayer, it is excessive. I think it is set up for multiplayer servers by default at the moment.
    So why can't we tune what does and doesn't spawn?

Anyway, yes this coupled with the fact that missiles wreck ships in your ship no matter what makes spawning very very irritating.

Reaction score
    That's why I suggested first off that their be access to the variable, the same as there is for shop spawning. As to balance and boring, leave it to the admins, it depends on your point of view.

However, pirate spawn control could seriously benefit for all from the same mechanics already in place for shops. If we had the same options for the negative (pirates) as we do for the positive (shops) that would balance both multiplayer and single player. You could even turn up the pirates if that is what you want and have entire systems overrun by pirates, the same way my game was initially spawning shops in EVERY asteroid belt until I realized I had them turned up to 1:1 instead of down to 1:1000 like I wanted.