Red vs blue mode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Red vs Blue mode would be a mode where all the players on the server are restricted to joining only 2 factions the red team and the blue team.

There could be multiple objective types for example it could just be regular starmade but you can only be on red or blue team or maybe it could be a last man standing mode where each team starts in a shop at a diffrent sector for example red could start at sector 8,8,8 and blue could start at sector -8,-8,-8.

The starting starting distance could be configured so maybe it could be closer to make it a more fast paced battle or they could be further so each team can set up bases.

Each team spawns at a shop that has an unlimited amount of every block and each player whould start with a set amount of credits.(can also be changed in server config)

Each player could create there own ship and go into battle or players could pool their resources and create ships crewed by multiple player or the whole team could create a large mothership,players would be advised to use the hull color of their team so red has red ships and blue has blue ships (the ships could be completly red/blue or they could just have some red/blue on it or they could make it so red can use every color but blue and vise versa but that is up to the host) the server host can choose what blocks are allowed on ships.(EX:no sheilds)

Each team would be given 10 mins or so (configurable) to build ships, plan , organize there fleet (so no leaving the sector until then) then once the timers starts all ships meet in the middle and have an epic battle where the last ship standing wins (then it resets for the next round).

There could be many diffrent versions of this where maybe red must set up a base on a planet/spacestation and defend it while blue attacks or maybe its a big game of domination where the teams capture planets and stations to get points. maybe even a mode where there are 4 teams that meet and fight.(feel free to suggest more modes)

Spawning in each mode could be last faction standing type thing or it could have a respawn system where they have a configurable amount of lives or an infinate amount. dead players should have a way to spectate players on thier team.

There could also be a system where at the end of the timer the ship you make is automatically saved as a blueprint so you can spawn another one quickly to get back in to the action.

The purpose for this mode would be to add a more organized and simple way to get into team based balanced pvp maybe for Esports in the future and it would be a good way to test the pvp aspects of the game to help balance it more and a way to test new weapons and such. It would provide more organized and action packed combat.

Most servers i join just end up with maybe 100 of seprate 1-5 player factions that never meet and the guys who joined the server first run around with huge ships owning everyone and its not really fun in my opinion. for people who are dead there should be a way to spectate players on thier team.

mou

Reaction score
    8,8,8 are stars

but the idea is great, I thought about that

I think there should be only 2 factions and unlimited amount of squadrons or team (factions like we know)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there could be a squad system so freinds playing on a server can play together but regarless they would only be under the red banner or the blue.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • An good economy/factory system.

If you don\'t allow blueprints (some servers don\'t do that for sure) nobody should be able to get a recipie like 2 Lava to 1 extra hardened hull (I got it on sunworld once).

I would just make it imbalanced - if not for ships but for turrets.

Reaction score
    I had a similar idea in my mind a couple of times, but the problem is always finding a server and enough players to make it fun

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Deathstar battles used to be a thing. Look it up, schema\'s got atleast one video with it on his channel.