Red blackholes

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    There is only 1 coloured black hole sprite on the galactic map. It's currently black with a yellow outer glow.

If it seems to change colour, it's probably behind another sprite or colour marker.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Now I want a screenshot

Reaction score
    Thee are black holes? Time to go find one and drive into it!

Reaction score
    Oh my god Byamarro you can't just ask why holes are black and yellow you racist, its obviously for the diversity quotas.

I think it would be cool if the stars had lighting effects on a planet, such as more blue light etc. Do they do that?

Reactions: Winterhome and Snk
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have one of these on my map as well. I think this could be the color that the star was supposed to be in this system, but a black hole is there in its place (it that's true then someone out there will also have a blue one at some point). Other than that red rim it seems to be a normal black hole.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have one of these on my map as well. I think this could be the color that the star was supposed to be in this system, but a black hole is there in its place (it that's true then someone out there will also have a blue one at some point). Other than that red rim it seems to be a normal black hole.

That's it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I was thinking the samething, you have 2 different colour indicators on the galaxy map for blackholes aka "wormholes". They have a red circle and a yellow circle, the yellow ones appear to be frequent. It did occur to me that perhaps the red ones are bi-directional and yellow as mono-directional. It also occurred to me that the reds might indicator a wormhole with multiple incoming, outgoing paths.

Not sure, I'm very interested to know myself. Also can we just come them what they are? Wormholes! :p

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i hope black holes will look better and not like big flowers xD

should look like this ^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Actual black hole...

Black holes are also known as Singularities. All laws of physics cease to apply, all colors are null, nothing goes out, only in. Arguing color or shape is sort of pointless really... but then again this is a game so make them purple please! :p Config-file color setting for wormholes anyone?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actual black hole...

Black holes are also known as Singularities. All laws of physics cease to apply, all colors are null, nothing goes out, only in. Arguing color or shape is sort of pointless really... but then again this is a game so make them purple please! :p Config-file color setting for wormholes anyone?
    It's not real photo of black hole itself.
    Most black holes are detected not by see them but because You see how other astronomical objects behave.
    Also remember that our center of galaxy is big black hole. Is it black? Not, because of huge amount of stars that are attracted to it.

I think that this is artistical vision of quasar

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actual black hole...

Because there are so many atoms, the probability of something escaping is actually really high. Something I heard, and it has to do with some sort of advanced physics (still need to get to that point).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's not real photo of black hole itself.
    Most black holes are detected not by see them but because You see how other astronomical objects behave.
    Also remember that our center of galaxy is big black hole. Is it black? Not, because of huge amount of stars that are attracted to it.

..pic...

I think that this is artistical vision of quasar
    Black is the technical absence of light, as a color it is both every color and no color. So yeah it is technically black. We can't actually see the object itself like you said just the things around it and how they in particular behave. For instance the photo I shared was that of a supernova passing behind a black hole. It illuminated everything but the "hole".... can I call it a point? hole is such a misleading term as it's really a singular point in space with no physical dimensions to speak of. Hence a Point. Anyways I'm going to stop before I go off on a ramble. >_<

Because there are so many atoms, the probability of something escaping is actually really high. Something I heard, and it has to do with some sort of advanced physics (still need to get to that point).
    too late... ramble drive engaged.... Atoms do escape albeit as energy hence the enormous radiation given off near a black hole (black point). It's one of the few ways we have of actually detecting them. As well as one of the historic reasons we think we found a super-massive black point at the center of our galaxy. Now there's way too much light pollution surrounding it to totally clarify from our particular perspective, but the radiation and distance absence of light within that particular direction of the night sky is a fascinating source of debate among the astronomical community. Having said that it's entirely possible what is the "center" of our galaxy is not actually a black hole but rather a super massive amount of dark matter, an excessively dense neutron star, or some combination of unknown MACHOS and WIMPS.

/nerd mode
    Shutting up now...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Black is the technical absence of light, as a color it is both every color and no color. So yeah it is technically black. We can't actually see the object itself like you said just the things around it and how they in particular behave. For instance the photo I shared was that of a supernova passing behind a black hole. It illuminated everything but the "hole".... can I call it a point? hole is such a misleading term as it's really a singular point in space with no physical dimensions to speak of. Hence a Point. Anyways I'm going to stop before I go off on a ramble. >_<
    Remember that black hole is 3D object. If particles that are sources of light surrounds black hole then these should be visible from front too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Remember that black hole is 3D object. If particles that are sources of light surrounds black hole then these should be visible from front too.
    It's not technically an object itself, the event horizon is all we see, and even then that's incredibly difficult. It holds no shape, it is neither 1D, 2D, or 3D. Also, potentially dimensions 4-13 do not apply either.

Light gets drawn into a black hole, it doesn't escape or directly illuminate. So for that to work it would have to be quite a distance away from it to be visible. Anything directly behind or within the Schwarzschild radius (event horizon) is invisible to the naked eye. That radius is also entirely dependent on originating mass, and in particular that of a non-rotating black hole. Should the black hole be rotating on Any axis its a totally different ballgame and one which is mind-boggling to even some of the smartest people alive. Otherwise if it truly surrounds and does not come near to said radius in theory the light should be visible, however the hole itself is never truly visible due to illumination, only back-lighting and from an odd angle at that as well.

The problem is we only have theory, nothing is concrete with black holes. They could literally be holes into other dimensions/universes or just be enormous trash compactors. The proposed radius of an event horizon is totally up for grabs as well, there's nothing that says a black hole can not have an elliptical event horizon.

Another issue with them is they have no mass, shape, or size, and yet at the same time infinitely preposterous mass, they literally break every rule we as humans have ever devised to explain the universe around us. Real black holes are pretty neat stuff.:D

Reaction score
    Wow we just talking about in-game black holes and this became to a astrophysics discussion

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Pretty sure this thread is completely dead,

However it is interesting to note that since its demise, we've now have the first ever image of a black hole:

blackhole.png
    I suppose this means both in-game colors are acceptable, if you count that top part as red

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I think that the color difference might have to do with the mass of the singularity. I use a black hole slingshot maneuver to get even my larger ships ramped to a galactic cruising speed upward of 600-700 m/s. I might be crazy, but it seems like the yellow and blue singularities get me moving a bit faster, which implies higher mass.

I don't frequently actually travel through singularities, so I can't tell you if the color also has to do with the distance it will send you.