Recognized by Council RED ALERT!

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ever have one of those times something shot you out of nowhere because you didn't notice it on the radar? That might not have happened with a proper red alert function. A number of games include a warning when enemies are in the vicinity. Why not starmade? An HUD icon would be an easy thing to add.

In addition, I'd like to see a logic block that turns on when enemies are present. It could trigger alternate battle lighting on the ship, deploy retractable turrets (looking forward to the rail update!), automatically activate the ion shields, and a variety of other things I haven't thought of but someone else will.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think that is a solid idea though I think it would need to almost be tied to a scanner as it goes through different checks around a ship or station and if an enemy is close enough and proper lighting is attached it could change.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A warning system would make the game so much immersive! I would also like to see an incoming lock on missile warning too.
    Instead of a new logic block perhaps being able to hock an activation to a scanner would do the same thing.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hate to be that guy, but this was suggested merely a few days ago, basically asking for almost the same thing.

As for the suggestion, as long as it doesn't derp out and alert people to cloakers (which are suppose to be stealthy). You might be able to do this already, given that the new rail blocks allows for moving bits to trigger logic (An internal turret that would twist and look at an enemy activating logic).

Being able to toggle logic based on things like remaining shield % or power would also be nice.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In response to hooking the thing up to scanners: That would require the ship in question to HAVE a scanner (not all ships do) and activate it to see if there's an enemy. Unless the scanner were fast, an enemy could jump in and blow you apart with no warning by the time the scanner recharged and checked for the enemy. Such a system would be mostly useless against players, and of limited use against NPCs.

Rather than this, I think it should be linked to the radar display in the upper right of the screen. That thing is a (not very noticeable) warning system - one or more red dots on the display indicates an enemy presence. I just thought that should be made more noticeable and detectable by logic.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    An alarm when hostile ships are detected would be nice. We also need an alarm and visual indicator when there has been a missile lock.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hate to be that guy, but this was suggested merely a few days ago, basically asking for almost the same thing.

As for the suggestion, as long as it doesn't derp out and alert people to cloakers (which are suppose to be stealthy). You might be able to do this already, given that the new rail blocks allows for moving bits to trigger logic (An internal turret that would twist and look at an enemy activating logic).

Being able to toggle logic based on things like remaining shield % or power would also be nice.
    Did anything come of the other thread?
    I like your idea of using the turret for alerting. I've experimented with using a similar method to remotely control a bigger cannon. A small turret controlling two big cannons. So far, it's not really practical and too slow. But alerting is a good one! :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It would be awesome we had a sound block that could connect to logic and would play various red alert sounds :) Would be so legit and super fun for RP

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Did anything come of the other thread?
    I like your idea of using the turret for alerting. I've experimented with using a similar method to remotely control a bigger cannon. A small turret controlling two big cannons. So far, it's not really practical and too slow. But alerting is a good one! :)
    Wow this is an old thread. I dont know if anything came of either thread (this or that), but I know enemy detection via turrets has had some breakthroughs if what I hear is correct, but I was not one who studied this area (I was away from the game when said advancements happened). Might be a few people in chat who can point you in the right direction though.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow this is an old thread. I dont know if anything came of either thread (this or that), but I know enemy detection via turrets has had some breakthroughs if what I hear is correct, but I was not one who studied this area (I was away from the game when said advancements happened). Might be a few people in chat who can point you in the right direction though.
    Thanks CyberTao! Much appreciated.