Recon Hull blocks

Reaction score
    Recon Hull Block:

Hitpoints 75
    Armor 0.0%
    Armor HP 50
    Structure HP 5
    Mass 0.05

Same stats as regular Hull, however Recon Hull's blocks/mass does not factor in into Radar Jamming and Cloaking allowing better recon and stealth vessel designs. Costs as much as advanced armor.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Cool, but it could make it so that people make cloaked death cubes.
    The largest mass cloaking/radar jamming ship I've found was 1300 mass. Even with this recon armor could stack on a stealth ship, it could still only support up to that 1300 mass of systems.

So with what, 1000-1300ish mass total for weapons, shields, thrusters, and other systems. Not to mention your terrible mass to thrust ratio. Do you really think a super slow stealthed Death Star with the weapons and systems of a heavy fighter would be an issue here..? God forbid they bring scanners lol.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I see. what about visuals? What would the block look like? Also, not on topic but there should totally be a cloaking animation.

Reaction score
    I see. what about visuals? What would the block look like? Also, not on topic but there should totally be a cloaking animation.
    Have them in line with hull and armor blocks visually, a wide range of colors. Again, have the same price of advanced armor, and hard to make, with the subpar raw stats of hull armor.

Last edited:

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Eventually cost means nothing and nothing is hard to make so recon blocks would essentially replace standard armor and hull due to their stats while taking up a lot more block ID's and still be worse for making cloakers then what is normally used, motherboards;

Type Hylat Motherboard
    Hit Points 10
    Armor 0.0%
    Armor HP 0
    Structure HP 5
    Mass 0.01

Light blocks shouldn't be as strong and armored as heavier blocks.

Motherboards' main shortcoming would fixed IMO by more slab and tetra, penta and corner options for blocks including motherboards, which might happen with block-type consolidation.

Reaction score
    Interesting suggestion, but in the long run I still would rather see an total overhaul of stealth and scanning.
    Something like Recon hull however might be an nice addition in that case too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    power limitations of cloak/jam lead to better designing for efficient ships,as well as balancing them.

Reaction score
    Eventually cost means nothing and nothing is hard to make so recon blocks would essentially replace standard armor and hull due to their stats while taking up a lot more block ID's and still be worse for making cloakers then what is normally used, motherboards;

Type Hylat Motherboard
    Hit Points 10
    Armor 0.0%
    Armor HP 0
    Structure HP 5
    Mass 0.01

Motherboards' main shortcoming would fixed IMO by more slab and tetra, penta and corner options for blocks including motherboards, which might happen with block-type consolidation.

I mostly would love a block like I suggested so stealth ships can have aesthetically pleasing hulls; using colors, and shapes like wedges/corners/hepta etc. Without ruining the ability to stealth.

For the stealth of the blocks and ability to make great looking stealth ships, you only get the stats of basic hull, which isn't great. The subpar armor stats and it's high price would be it's trade offs, which I think are fair.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Use motherboard, circuits, decor & carved minerals with bits of hull for accent. These can be used to make pretty good looking cyber-recon hulls, visibly covered in the special circuitry that allow them to cloak.

I would like to see stealthough improved, but I do agree with the current standard of ships with invisibility being extremely squishy, physically. So personally I would see creating special stealth-friendly blocks with armor value as potentially OP so you'd see practically minded players just spamming this build.

I think that if there is anywhere to improve stealth it is in giving it the ability to resist forced de-cloaking by underpowered, single-block antenna arrays if enough dedicated reserve power were available and the like rather than adding more new blocks for the express purpose of letting you cast permanent invisibility AND take shots to the head.

I would totally support adding corners, tetras, and heptas to motherboards and circuits. I might even consider a new decorative recon block type that had as little as Zero mass for purposes of stealth/jamming, so long as it had no armor value.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Type Hylat Motherboard
    Hit Points 10
    Armor 0.0%
    Armor HP 0
    Structure HP 5
    Mass 0.01

I use motherboards to completely enclose my permacloakers. Looks effective!
    All i wish forcis tetra, hepta, corners and slabs.