Recommendation: Use Fix Framerate (60), optionally with V-Sync

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, indeed limiting the frames to 60 will give the max needed amount of frames for your monitor, but as well decrease energy consumption, lower the heat level, longer the life of your graphic card.

No matter how good your GPU is, it is better like this since you don't need all these frames, like in my case 2087 on 1680x1050 resolution :

Imagine how much safer it will be when it's capped to 60, and clearly V-Sync is an option to be used if your graphic card can handle it. (most can, so you should try it).

Feel free to post, comment, or even add your opinions :D
    Have fun,
    -Mike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Actually, I hope I get to see year 2087 in real life ^^

I\'m supposed to be able, if nothing accidentally catastrophic happens :D

But without the bandicam software I use to record and take screenshots with full info text (I know about print screen, but it only prints the last image of the game after minimizing it, not a real time screenshot of that moment), it goes to 2382 FPS.... pretty useless in this game :D Just energy consuming and heating it up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is an alpha and in an alpha the full values are important so show loopholes, framedrops and other ugly stuff.
    Everything beyond that is already part of the fine-tuning and balancing of the finishing steps.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The game is an Alpha, but your graphic card is not Alpha to stress it this way. (when doing such calculations at 100 % is called \"stressing\", used by Graphic test programs for few seconds or minutes).

There are no bugs or ugly stuff you can only see with limitless FPS and can\'t see with synced and limited FPS, actually... forcing the whole data to sync makes it even more visible when there\'s a bug.

Every block on the screen makes the limitless FPS drop a bit, or more, so due to many fluctuations, you can\'t really see when something is wrong until it drops under 60, while having no limit or sync. This happens no matter the game is with limit or not, and affected even more visibly when synced.

Anyway, everyone can use any way he likes to, this thread was only for information. Who wishes to test things or force everything (in his opinion), already knows what to do, but if he prefers not to risk his graphic card, this is info for them. Overclocked cards are in higher risk here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hmm, i have an very low fps 20, 2-3 hours ago it was 100-150fps why it happened? help someone, im playng on lan with my brother, i have 3gb ddr2, cpu dual core E2*** 2.0GHz video card : nvidia geforce gt 220 1gb

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i disebled in game options STARS and fps jump up to 140-150, might it will help someone