Recoil Direction unclear

Reaction score
    I just noticed that my Weapon throws my aim upwards & turns my ship that way too
    EVEN tho my weapon is below center of mass - or better said is on the bottom of my design
    - should i do a frontflip instead of a back one?
    Or does it always recoil up?

Anyone else experienced this?
    Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
    Once that changes you could balance cannon fire to reduce recoil!!
    Now it's just a bit anoying
    my "best" cannon makes my ship do continous backflips :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    Recoil is always a backwards push with an upward jiggle. However, turrets apply it correctly based on their orientation to the parent, so you can, with turrets, balance things out.

Reaction score
    Recoil is always a backwards push with an upward jiggle. However, turrets apply it correctly based on their orientation to the parent, so you can, with turrets, balance things out.
    so docked weapons work in their direction - have to test a few things, but that's very nice to hear ^^
    IF it works like I think, then I'm gonna have to split my ship in a top part and a bottom one, but what ever - if it works :catnod:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I reckon recoil force could easily be calculated outside of combat, we got center of mass and mass available so calculating recoil strength and direction based on those should be relatively minor thing - depending on how it's implemented of course.