Recipe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, the new recipe system went out and I can't say I like it, unfortunately.

I think it would be better if a recipe would always take the same materials (Or maybe slightly varied things of each) but in varying number. A bad hull recipe might take 5 ore and 10 stone. A really great one might only take 1 and 1 to get 2 hull. This brings me to part 2:

Similar to how you can buy recipies now, you should also be able to level them up, through focused R&D. Enter: The Research Block. Put a recipe in the Research Block, apply power, and put in either the raw materials or the finished product of the recipe. The recipe will slowly improve. Maybe after 1000 stone is put in, that 5 ore 10 stone will only need 7 stone from now on. ETC.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I have 10,000 of an item to buy a recipe to make it... then I don\'t really need that item. The beauty of the old system was being able to make other materials into what I wanted, not spending what I wanted to get a recipe that\'s going to use 10-15 items to make 1 product block.

I think a better way to purchase recipes would be to spend 10,000 of the block you want to craft into something else and have the resulting product be random so you don\'t know what you\'ll get. (or just bring the previous system back in a sense)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    It\'s healthy to keep in mind that this is just the very first implimentation of a completely revamped crafting system. There are still more updates to go, more feature to be added, and more fundamentals to be changed.

That said, what you mentioned about R&D was actually confirmed not long ago by Schema during an interview. Once the crafting system is fully implimented you will be able to level up recipes, and perhaps customize their outputs in very personalized ways.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I must say that I prefered the old version of crafting and factories.

Having just got a bunch of recipies from raiding pirate bases they seem very illogical to me.

Examples

7x Red Shroom + 7x Soil = 1x Red Shoom

or

2x Purple Vine Stuff + 2x Grass Planet Terrain = 1x Purple Vine Stuff

WTF?? I guess these recipies are to reduce the useless items from your inventory? The others I\'ve found (3 stations raided) are similar. They make no sense at all. If the combinations above made 10x of the outputted item instead of only 1x you could maybe understand it.

The old system was atleast logical, even though there were a few products missing from what you could make (hull wedges, hull corners and power tanks being the ones missed the most).

I also liked the way you needed to connect the old factory blocks together to make a chain and a specific factory type. The mineral seperator (and a mineral compressor if it had worked) were also great.

Now crafting is nigh on useless, and there\'s no point to collecting items as the results are way less than the input, nor do the ingredients make logical sense for the product.

**EDIT: Glad I made 100,000\'s of parts before this change.