Realtime Power Prediction in Buildmode

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What I could really use is a prediction if my current build generates enough power if certain or all systems are running.
    This means it can:
    * calculate the power production with current power-blocks
    * calculate the amount of power stored with current power blocks and power storage blocks
    * calculate the power consumed by the cloaker for the number of blocks in the ship
    * calculate the power consumed by the jammer for the number of blocks in the ship
    * calculate the power consumed by the shields (additionally indicates the variable power consumption when it starts to recharge)
    * etc, etc.

All these different aspects can be added or removed from the end-result prediction with a simple toggle.
    If this info is added in build-mode I could make changes on-the-fly to make sure my ship is able to keep running (long enough).

The end calculation would show (for currently toggled elements):
    * Power-level change over time: -100e/s means it drains, 100e/s means it will charge, 0e/s means it's stable
    - * next to the power-level change an identical indicator is shown in braces: (-50e/s) which shows you the collected optional changes that can happen due to conditions applied to the optional elements. Like shields recharging, or during active firing, or power storage filling up. You can of-course disable certain elements from the calculation to pinpoint the source of some of the optional power drain.
    * A time estimate howlong time it takes before max power storage has been reach starting from zero charge (with enabled elements), again an optional time in () to calculate optional powerdrains by chield recharging, etc.
    An infinite indicator means power will never reach full charge under current conditions.

So, that's the idea for a mod, actually more of a plugin.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score

FYI :
    -power production & capacity is displayed center-left of your screen in build mode
    -cloaking takes 145 e/sec per block
    -jamming takes 5 e/sec per block
    ->together they take 150 per block
    -sheild consumption also listed left-center
    -etc...(weapons, overdrive, stop, push, pull) are all findable in the "structure" tab.
    -CURRENT consumption is listen in NUMERICAL VALUES on your power bar bottom-right.

-power over time is basic math, like, grade-friken-three-in-compton basic math. Use your calculator
    -variables on power consumption is basic algebra. Learn to manipulate variables and solve for X.
    -time estimate is...you guessed it, basic math. division -> use your...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    FYI :
    -power production & capacity is displayed center-left of your screen in build mode
    -cloaking takes 145 e/sec per block
    -jamming takes 5 e/sec per block
    ->together they take 150 per block
    -sheild consumption also listed left-center
    -etc...(weapons, overdrive, stop, push, pull) are all findable in the "structure" tab.
    -CURRENT consumption is listen in NUMERICAL VALUES on your power bar bottom-right.

-power over time is basic math, like, grade-friken-three-in-compton basic math. Use your calculator
    -variables on power consumption is basic algebra. Learn to manipulate variables and solve for X.
    -time estimate is...you guessed it, basic math. division -> use your...
    You seem to trying to counter-argue this plugin idea on the premise that this plugin would withhold you from YOUR fun of doing math.
    My rebuttal would be that should this plugin exist, you are not required to install it.

Are there any other counter-arguments you wish to share?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the structure tab is a nightmare with 20+ systems each having 2-3 arrays.

I also think power consumption as numerical value being helpful requires you to read to compare 84528043,245028,4341 to each other it is too time consuming.

I am in favour of a table: (equals separating columns)
    System Name = (%Drain / 100%Power)/s = PowerCap / Drain
    Reactors = +100% = +25 seconds
    Shields = -0.5% = -5'000 seconds
    Shields(active) = -5% = -500 seconds
    Weapons(active) = -50% = -12.5 seconds
    Total = +40.5% = +62 seconds
    Total(active) = +45% = +55 seconds.​

But please have doors and dis-integrators excluded from this (basically everything that has a drain below 1% is summed up in category "other/auxillary")

Reactions: vernes