REALLY NEED HELP! UnknownHostException: files.star-made.org

Reaction score
    Hi everyone,

So the other day i started a dedicated server through the Starmade launcher for me and my brothers to play on (we were in the same house on the same network) and it worked fine. I went to change the max speed of the server in the server config and restarted the server however it didn't boot up again, it told me to make sure that i had "SQLEXCEPTION:Database lock acquisition failure..." and to make sure i had closed all instances of "javaw.exe" through task manager or otherwise restart my pc.. both of which i promptly did to no avail. I then left it.
    This morning however when i tried to start the server up again it still wouldn't work so and i got a new error message...
    "UnknownHostException: files.ster_made.org

To get information about a possible fix, please search for your error in the www.star-made.org forums or please make a new topic if not found."

I thought id see if i could access the Starmade website however this is what was there...
    1.png 2.png

I knew something was up so i tried the forums and it turns out that others have had the problem before and it might be something to do with me not being able to access the Starmade web servers.. i have tried disabling firewalls, clearing the DNS cashe forcing star made launcher to update but nothing works...
    PLEASE HELP!
    thank you

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Unknown Host exception:
    Please restart your router, computer

For the Page load:
    Do not use Internet Explorer and/or clear the browser cache.

This should fix it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    firstly thank you so much for a prompt reply,
    secondly I have just tried both of those things but sadly nothing has changes, launcher or webpage..
    I did just have a quick look at some other websites to see if it was exclusively this site and for a couple of them i received this message in chrome "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

not sure if that helps at all.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    May be a problem with your DNS-Cache then.

Please hit the windows key,
    type:
    CMD
    and hit enter.
    Now type:
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    and hit enter again.
    (you may need to execute the terminal with admin privileges)

- Andy

Reaction score
    AH! I fixed it!!
    i dont think it was the DNS cashe, as i was getting those browser error messages i searched to ho fix and after some digging i found this video
    and it worked!
    THANK YOU so much for the fast reply and great help :)
    if this error is ever reported by someone else you might want to suggest this video to them in the future :D
    Thank you so much again Andy
    Kind regards and best wishes
    Jaddo

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He does the job, so what does it matter if he is Indian?
    It's just funny how most tech support is outsourced to Indian's thats all.

I've heard some who are barely understandable.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Derail but anyway. Companies like Microsoft don't care about this stuff so they hire Indians because they are cheap asf. At least you don't have to listen to him to understand what you need to do in this video. On the phone however..

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    AH! I fixed it!!
    i dont think it was the DNS cashe, as i was getting those browser error messages i searched to ho fix and after some digging i found this video
    and it worked!
    THANK YOU so much for the fast reply and great help :)
    if this error is ever reported by someone else you might want to suggest this video to them in the future :D
    Thank you so much again Andy
    Kind regards and best wishes
    Jaddo
    Yes, that whould have been the second attempt,
    but without a video available like this,
    its relatively dangerous to send someone in that menu.

You can easily take you totally offline there with using a wrong setting, and as you could access this site, I assumed the DNS is not dead, but only malfunctioning, switching your entire pc to use google-DNS is a quite big wrench to fix it. =)
    But obviously worked.

- Andy