realistic gravity/independent rotating parts

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even though there is already a gravity module I feel that it could be improved using independent rotating parts so we could create a rotating living module rather than a block, it would increase difficulty and also it would allow players to create realistic ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the whole gravity should be rewritten i think. gravity should pull you TO the emitting block/array not toward it\'s bottom... falling off a ship is quite ridiculous and this would allow for actual sphere planetoids and not flying saucers planets...

tho, the system works quite fine for now, i feel like this is only a placeholder for something better!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i like that idea... gravity controlers should be all linked together tho... per ship... just buy a bunch and place them under your floor and it will ALWAYS pull you to that... tho i can see this being annoying for when you try and walk and the ones in front, behind, and sides and under you all try and pull you...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    not if they all work as one entity (say a 5x5 panel would only pull you to their bottom)

as it is now, the gravity is a bubble that pulls you to a \"bottom\" that is orientation dependent.

you should be pulled to the one that is emitting gravity if it\'s a panel then you can assume it\'s a floor! then you could keep the orientation dependency but only when you\'re \"over\" the gravity block/array

not sure how this would apply to planetoids tho, still thinking about it but a sphere made of cubes is still considered \"cubic\" when it comes to standing on it...