Realism

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I understand that balance realism/playability is important, but i want some realism.

For example object lose their speed (for no reason), or you decelerate faster than you

accelerate (which is impossible because both rates should be the same or close).

26 planets in one star system ( D: ), stars next to each other. Those game elements i want to be able to turn into realistic space, those are elements already in game, all i want to see is ability to control them.

Like no more than 11 planets per star (i prefer even less, like 5), click "Enable realistic physics", minimum distance between stars - 15 sectors.

Like hardcore mode. Sry if already 100000000000000000000 times discussed.

Reaction score
    You can already modify the slowdown in the server.cfg file

Reaction score
    Acceptable breaks from reality. This game will have some awesome exploration mechanics and if we get some new biomes we might regret asking for less! I\'d personally like less shops, but shiops stock more stuff. I build big and can use upwards of 250+ Plexdoors in one project and shops sell only like 30 or 40. Maybe if he reverted crafting back to before the stupid recipes addition it would be better.

Reaction score
    These \"planets\" are flat discs 480 metres across, made up entirely of perfect 1 metre cubes, and the biggest problem you have with their realism is there are too many of them?

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    From current scientific observations of the galaxy around us that multiple planets around stars is quite common. They\'ve found hundreds of extrasolar planets, and continue to find more every day.

There are bigger stars than ours out there, and it may be that 20 to 30 planets orbiting a star is quite usual. The asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter might be the remains of a planet, and there is a lot of space inside the solar system and beyond Neptune\'s orbit where we have a hard time looking at.

Aside from Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, we have Pluto, Ceres, Makemake, Haumea, Eris, Sedna, Quaoar, 2007 OR and Orcus circling Sol.

That\'s 17 orbiting bodies that we know about, not counting large asteriods, comets and moons. Some moons rival the dwarf planets in size.

26 planets around one star is hardly astounding.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    For example object lose their speed (for no reason), or you decelerate faster than youaccelerate (which is impossible because both rates should be the same or close).

I\'m not sure i understand this.

Are you saying the rate of a ship\'s acceleration and decelaration should be equal?

For example; it takes 5 seconds to get to top speed in a large ship and 5 seconds to come to a halt after thrust has been disengaged?

Reaction score
    he means that decelaration means reverse thrust, and that is more realistic actually. Not logical though, as the way thrusters are designed in Starmade, there shouldn\'t be any reversing/breaking or strafing at all. Thrusters angle doesn\'t matter, but still they have sort of animation behind them. So yeah very unrealistic presently, but logical and simple.

It would be different if thruster was kind of \"space-time manipulator\", but even then it would have equal speed-limits in all directions. And that kind of engine doesn\'t burst out any of its fuel out of it.