Real Punishment for dying

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now, die, suicide, who cares. There is no PUNISHMENT.

I frequently suicide to spawn back at my base, knowing my 50k hulls and endless other materials will still remain with me without a problem.

I read the first post of this suggestion: http://star-made.org/content/escape-pods

Then I realised, whats the point? Dying is MEANINGLESS - hence you would stay with your ship and battle until you died. Why bother escaping as is the purpose of escape pods? (BTW I dont like the escape pod idea - you should have to dock a small ship to your big one and run to it if in danger)

But again, it brings up the point - why flee for your life when dying brings zero punishment.

Please implement DROPPING INVENTORY ON DEATH like in Minecraft, where the victor/vulture can reap the rewards of your demise. Just have it stay around longer than 30 seconds so the player can get it back if killed by pirates etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    nonono, not more shit taken from minecraft.

just because minecraft has it doesnt mean all sandbox games should have it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Uhh, no i do not agree with this because people need tons of stuff for ships and it would get annoying fast. Imagine your just cruising along in your ship with tons of items which took you forever to get, ready to build your awesome powerful fast big ship and something comes along and kills you just like that. You lose everything and you have to get everything again and it would get annoying fast. Maybe as a hardcore option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There\'s already credit loss on death, for starters, and second of all from the latest news post / pre-release change notes:

- added server config line to modify how much credits are lost on death (default: lose 10%)
    - added server config line to force the player to drop the entire inventory on death (default: off)

So it\'s all up to your server admin.

...by-the-by, minecraft has a built-in option to turn off dropping inventory on death. So there, too, is it up to your server admin.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh sweet already exists? Didn\'t know. I will definitely be activating it.

To whoever thinks dropping inventory on death is bad: Play Smart. Man Up. Or go back to Minecraft creative mode.