Real minerals

Real life resources in game?

• Let's replace starmade ores with real life ores.

Votes: 3 8.8%
    • Let's replace some of starmade ores with real life ores.

Votes: 3 8.8%
    • I think that real life resources in game is not good idea.

Votes: 21 61.8%
    • I'm horse. I'm neutral.

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Stop trying to add real life stuff!!!!!!! This is starmade!!! It has spacefriction for goodness sake! Stop trying to make it like space engineers, I want spacesquids that shoot lasers!!!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Stop trying to add real life stuff!!!!!!! This is starmade!!! It has spacefriction for goodness sake! Stop trying to make it like space engineers, I want spacesquids that shoot lasers!!!
    This.

Gimme.

I want spacesquids.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the creature update... I can't make 3de models though, so I'll have to ask someone (or not, I'm guessing that that will be the first mod that pops up in the mod section). I want blue squids, green squids, rainbow squids... I want squids! ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    why squids they live deep under the ocean. it would be better if there was space monkeys, whales and turtles to eat the squids.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    And spacebunnies!!! The killer rabid from king arthur and the search for the holy grail!!! And more funny animals!!! Space lions! Space elephants! Space! Space! Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
    And don't mock squids, they are cool!!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    why squids they live deep under the ocean. it would be better if there was space monkeys, whales and turtles to eat the squids.
    If they eat the squids, I eat the monkeys, turtles and whales. You reap what you sow. *raises banner: "SAVE THE SQUIDS"*

Back to topic here. I disagree with 'realistic ores' because literally nothing in this game makes sense. Besides that, iron, cobalt, etc sounds much less epic than the stuff we have now.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Spacefriction is terrible. There, I said it.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Spacefriction is terrible. There, I said it.
    No spacefriction is also terrible. I have played a loooooooooong time on a place that had no friction. When you bumped something by only 1 m/s, you'd have to wait until it was out of loading range. It also bloated the server's database to around 52-ish gigabytes because of the universe so rapidly expanding.

And I assume you want it so badly because it is realistic.

But I don't think realistic is always fun. It's usually pretty annoying. Or at least, that's how I see it.

By you can't say 'It must be terrible for everyone', just because you think so.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can actually solve the problem of you bumping into asteroids and them moving forever (but not with ships). There is a setting in the server config called "asteroid dynamic physics" (or something like that), and when turned off, asteroids don't move.

Edit: I'm thinking of turning it back on, because I don't want to face the consequences of my bumping into something, and because it ruins certain aspects of the game when it is turned off.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    No spacefriction is also terrible. I have played a loooooooooong time on a place that had no friction. When you bumped something by only 1 m/s, you'd have to wait until it was out of loading range. It also bloated the server's database to around 52-ish gigabytes because of the universe so rapidly expanding.

And I assume you want it so badly because it is realistic.

But I don't think realistic is always fun. It's usually pretty annoying. Or at least, that's how I see it.

By you can't say 'It must be terrible for everyone', just because you think so.
    We can have some sort of auto-stabilizers that you could turn on/off so that when you leave your ship it would "try" to stop with it's own thrusters. Turning it off, however, would make inertial missiles possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We should have a block that removes friction for an energy cost so we could make those missiles. Or, you know, thrusters could be switched on by logic.

On-topic: This is a game in space. The space is a universe. This universe isn't like our own. So here is my question for you: why must it be like our universe?

Reaction score
    Yeah! While we're at it, let's make it so the player can only hold one thing at a time, and ships should run out of fuel extremely quickly! Then, increase the planet sizes to huge numbers, and decrease the frequencies! Then, to get to another solar system you need to wait thousands of years in real time and going to planets takes months! Don't go to planets though, because you will burn up in the atmosphere! Also, the suit only has a couple hours of life support! Also, random space junk everywhere and if one hits your ship, all the air comes out and you die. Shops should no longer take credits, only real money!

/Obvious sarcasm.