Reactor Planner

Reaction score
    Hello I wrote a small program in Java, which simplifies reactor designing.
    Here is link:
    http://deserd.wz.cz/files/Reactor_planner.jar

3D view is not fully implemented (you cannot rotate or zoom) if you like it I'll fix it.

If you right click in planning area popup menu shows.
    You can save your design for later use and as template for use ingame build mode. There is template size limit in game so if you really want to design bigger reactor than it, I can add "save template with bounded size" which cut your big design to smaller templates.
    You can load your earlier design (not templates - sorry)

It's really simple but I hope it help.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Heya, I wanted to give this a try, but using Win 7, I cannot easily run a .jar.

Reaction score
    Yes you can. Starmade is also written in java. Did you tried just double tap on it?
    I give you two helps:
    First (if double tap does not work try this):
    open command window in folder when you have my jar file (you can do it by Shift + right click in that folder and choose open command window here)
    write command "java -jar Reactor_planner.jar" into it (without ")

Second (if first step say you something like java not recognize ...):

After this try again double tap or command window.

I dont want to convert it to exe, because it'll no longer be multiplatform (which is big advantage of java).

If after that double tap doesnt work but command window does, you can write bat file with running command. Just make file "something.bat", open it in text editor and past run command into it. Bat file must be in the same folder as jar file.

It seems hard but only first time. ;)

Reaction score
    Question: is this 5x5 cube stackable? I mean, will just copying a cube right next to another cube still allow for the best possible performance? Because, from what I see, it doesen't looks like so...

Reaction score
    Because of how bounding boxes work, stacking reactors isn't ideal anyway. You'd want to just make your reactor bigger overall.