Re-use the new button mesh

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So we have that very nice button mesh now that gives us a non-cube button we can push.

Re-use the hell out of that mesh. Strip out the logic aspects, re-texture it, and we've got a great detailing option.

Make it static and gray? Its a rivet. Make it colored and have it be a light source? Small round lights suitable for rooms and micro-windows on hulls? Yes please.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh now that's a great idea! They would make great ceiling and wall lights.

Would be cool for small signage to. You could handle signage with a single LOD block with multiple texture faces that you can choose from perhaps. Kind of like the animated textures but we control the chosen texture from the sequence. If that's possible.
    Would be nices if you could apply that to the computer and console decorations actually.

Reactions: JNC

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah that would be cool. We kinda got that with the new metal bar block but more is usually better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah. So would be decorative air vents, keypads and screens. Or a new medical block model; a small emergency medkit.

I would actually retexture it to look like a numpad with a big enter button and screen that turn blue, tbh.
    I already love it as is because i can put it on the face of a display screen and thereby label it. But that little model has a bright future if were creative enough.

I would also like to suggest turning the back faces of light bars into small wall mounted keyboards, maybe with a little mouspad and touchscreen on them. Dont think it would look as good on the front face (you know, where the light is now), and id rather turn it upside down on the block i hang it on.

The front face could make a good decorative wall pipe model.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Edymnion and JNC

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How about a number keypad button, that pops open a window for us to key in number strings that copy directly to a Display block. Then we could use these instead of Display blocks for coded door entry. It would look nice as a decoration and have a useful function.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah. So would be decorative air vents, keypads and screens. Or a new medical block model; a small emergency medkit.

I would actually retexture it to look like a numpad with a big enter button and screen that turn blue, tbh.
    I already love it as is because i can put it on the face of a display screen and thereby label it. But that little model has a bright future if were creative enough.

I would also like to suggest turning the back faces of light bars into small wall mounted keyboards, maybe with a little mouspad and touchscreen on them. Dont think it would look as good on the front face (you know, where the light is now), and id rather turn it upside down on the block i hang it on.

The front face could make a good decorative wall pipe model.
    Would be a great way to light a room in a non-obvious fashion.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Now we can have a toilet seat!