re-election

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    wedtm mentioned in the stream with tomino that they would redo the entire election so that it is fairer.

Is this something that will actually happen? Or is it just something that Wedtm said without really thinking it through?

please do not use this as a platform for your opinions on the recent issue. this is simply to get accurate information in a public issue. There are proper places to voice your opinions, this is not it.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Great video but can we get some actual information? If you don't know just say so.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think they should just pick the next runner up as his replacement.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I think you misinterpreted that. They're only recalculating the results after removing tomino as a candidate.

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm and Planr

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'm fairly certain that it was mentioned in an older news post that in this eventuality the next candidate would be the next person "in line". Re-doing the elections would be a waste of energy imo. The beauty of the STV system is that the people that voted tomino also had other votes, which can be recalculated.

It was probably something that was said in the heat of discussion (and it was a pretty heated discussion).

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    http://www.twitch.tv/jathtech/v/4970608

There's Tominos side. He's a bit angry here, so be aware.

Personally, I'm not taking any of the council members seriously past this point. You guys are hilariously petty. That aside, this was quite obviously personal from multiple people.

Reaction score
    the council is a joke, how a group of elected officials can impeach a fellow official without any input or call for impeachment from the people who elected them in the first place is the most rediculous thing ive heard. ill be taking my leave from SMD permanently, not that i was ever that active on it in the first place. wonder who will represent the other 75% of the players of starmade like the russians and everyone else who doesnt ever come here. gl with the buddy squad.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Mered4, RejectOmen let's try to keep this thread on topic as therimmer96 said,
    please do not use this as a platform for your opinions on the recent issue. this is simply to get accurate information in a public issue. There are proper places to voice your opinions, this is not it.

Reactions: Keptick

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Mered4, RejectOmen let's try to keep this thread on topic as therimmer96 said,
    That is accurate information. I posted a link to Tomino's side of the issue. Attempting to be objective in an emotionally charged environment is not worth the time or effort because both sides come off as duplicitous.

Reaction score
    wedtm mentioned in the stream with tomino that they would redo the entire election so that it is fairer.

Is this something that will actually happen? Or is it just something that Wedtm said without really thinking it through?

We are seriously considering all options. Our primary goal is to ensure that the community is accurately represented. We want to be as fair as possible, while not causing more stress or confusion in the process.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We are seriously considering all options. Our primary goal is to ensure that the community is accurately represented. We want to be as fair as possible, while not causing more stress or confusion in the process.
    EDIT: Moving my statements to a new thread. I'll respect Rimmers request.