Raw Resource Pirate Drops Entice Manufacturing

Reaction score
    Title says it. Make pirates drop only raw resources, like ore, plants, and everything you find in the environment(maybe some other stuff like microprocessors and capacitors). Makes people do more manufacturing and less pirate hunting, or rather pirate hunt to get resources to then manufacture. Also ore on asteroids should be increased, more higher level ore in the center of the asteroid.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    While I agree manufacturing needs to be more important, I think it makes more sense for pirates to have end product blocks because they\'re pirates after all, they would have stolen it.

I agree on the asteroids part. Maybe add a stronger, slower to harvest block around the \"core\" with the higher level ores.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m fond of granular control of things for admins so I agree with your ideas. Size of asteroids spawned should be variable from small ones to large, roids with a lot of resources at random and some with nearly none. When a roid is erased through mining having one randomly re-spawn within 24 hours would be nice. Having a timer admin set for that \'d be great too.

Admin Settable variables:

• Asteroid size in blocks, re-sapwn rate in hours from 0 (for no respawn to 24)
    • Composition and rarity of ores
    • number of roids per sector, 0 to whatever

Reaction score
    I agree entirely with your post Grimzod.

Also good ideas Bri, i hope they get implemented to a degree, especially when pirate AI get harder to defeat they might drop a small amount of middle tier ores amongst the low tier ones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pirates already provide a complete hull worth of resources that were not destroyed in battle. I aggree that they have no need to drop further finished goods. Raw materials will be fine.