Rapid Fire Turrets

Reaction score
    Hello, I got another question.

Right now, I'm developing a turret of my own. Since the latest update went up, I have been trying to figure out how to make the turret RF.

So far, when I googled, there have been no sites, threads, or anything that has been remotely linked to "Rapid Fire Turrets".

I'd like to know more about how this could work in the latest version.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Same way you make rapid fire canons on a normal ship

Build 2 equally sized arrays of cannons, one you want to fire, and one that can be hidden. Then link the main to the secondary array and

pewpewpewpew

Reaction score
    I get the fact about equal sized arrays of cannons.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying that I link the main cannon, of the two, and connect it to the other cannon? What is the secondary array you're talking about?

Kind of confused.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    So build 2 cannons, on 2 seperate computers. One is a slave that tells the main how to fire its guns. Press C on the main array computer (this will actually do the shooting) and V on the slave computer

Reaction score
    Thanks for the explanation.

Here's the problem I'm having right now. I noticed that I can slave a computer array to another and make only one main cannon fire. My design was to have two turrets actually working to fire at the same time.

Is there any chance of having two cannons working at rapid fire?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    just build 2 arrays attached to the main, and then have the slave array have as many blocks as both mian arrays combinded

Reactions: Winterhome

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks for the explanation.

Here's the problem I'm having right now. I noticed that I can slave a computer array to another and make only one main cannon fire. My design was to have two turrets actually working to fire at the same time.

Is there any chance of having two cannons working at rapid fire?
    Weapon blocks autogroup, so you'll want to make sure the two barrels don't have any touching blocks. You should be able to have the weapon computer sitting between the barrels.

Examples:

First example: weapon blocks link the two barrels together, creating a single output.

=== - - - -
    W==
    ===

Second example: the two barrels are completely detached, allowing two outputs as desired.

==== - - - -
    W
    ==== - - - -

Then you'll need a second weapon system with as many barrel blocks as the primary weapon system to get maximum rapid fire. Those barrels on the secondary "slave" system can be in any configuration, including all bunched up. You can have fewer slave weapon blocks to reduce the rapid-fire effect, but most people would suggest not bothering with a system that has less than a 7/6 master/slave ratio. (minimum: 86% match)

Example 100% slave system for the dual-barrel weapon in the second example shown above:

W
    ===
    ===
    ==

Quick tip: Adding additional slave cannons does nothing after you reach 100% match. (8/10 cannon master/slave ratio should fire at the same rate as a 8/8 cannon ratio.)

Edited with a quick note: There can be blocks of unrelated systems between the two barrels, such as shield blocks, thruster blocks, or light blocks. You can even squeeze weapon blocks for an unrelated weapon computer between them. You don't have to leave empty space between them.