Randumb suggestions v378342

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Options slider to adjust L.Control advance build mode speed. It's horribly slow on larger projects.
    • Shipyard options to Harden and Soften, to instantly move all hull up or down one tier between hull, standard, and adv armor.
    • Ditch shipyard anchor block, center max ship dimensions inside the yard structure. OR at least make the anchor block not visible like area triggers, only visible in build mode.
    • Stable version of warheads. Only explodes from a logic signal. Could make self destruct systems without turning your ship into a powder keg.
    • Option to change where .gif animations are saved to. Would be nice to record to a separate drive for performance reasons.
    • Separate graphics option that lets you dial the distance when you want planets to start rendering blocks. Planet max segments or something.
    • Scanning in enemy system will display their faction points. Also, let's start brainstorming decent ways to drain FP from other factions besides killing them. Idling in their space doesn't work. It's pretty much impossible to remove pesky 1 man factions setting up by you and hiding in their base forever.
    • Creature sit & align under gravity commands in normal creature command menu (WITHOUT having to use admin command)
    • server.cfg option to set player respawn time. Hardcore servers could lock people out for an extended period after they die.
    • Show total ship mass in that small info window when you select it with F key.
    • Option to display current damage-per-second in game info window.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Options slider to adjust L.Control advance build mode speed. It's horribly slow on larger projects.
    If you meant Left Shift, there is a command that you can use to change build mode speed but it has not worked for a while now. //build_mode_shift_speed X

Ditch shipyard anchor block, center max ship dimensions inside the yard structure. OR at least make the anchor block not visible like area triggers, only visible in build mode.
    Multi docking is desired for shipyards. Having the ships auto center themselves will cause issues here when/if that is implemented.

Having an anchor block not visible during normal flight might make it hard to dock don't you think? :P

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like every idea up there.
    About the anchor point, maybe only make it visible if there is a docker activated within the vicinity? I don't know

I hope I'm not that pesky single man faction you're trying to get rid of :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah I meant LShift, thanks. Do you know the range for X if it's ever fixed?

alterintel had a good idea with the block only being visible when the docker is selected.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Yeah I meant LShift, thanks. Do you know the range for X if it's ever fixed?

alterintel had a good idea with the block only being visible when the docker is selected.
    I've set the speed to 10000 before. You cross star systems in seconds. It was really useful and with the greenscreen you could film some awesome fleet warp ins if you timed it right. Shame it does not work right now. I will ask Schema about that.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really like your suggestions. I'll add two:

- Proper 3rd person view (NOT BLOODY SHIFT SCROLL BULLSH*T)
    - Ability to set a limit on factories, so that when they have x amount of item in their inventory, they'll stop producing, and start producing if the contents go below the limit.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440757561,1440757507][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you meant Left Shift, there is a command that you can use to change build mode speed but it has not worked for a while now. //build_mode_shift_speed X
    That command is bugged and doesn't work.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Multi docking is desired for shipyards. Having the ships auto center themselves will cause issues here when/if that is implemented.
    THis I disagree with simply because I want to see something like
    And it just feels abit... cheaty.

Last edited: