Bug Randomly teleporting around when traveling through sectors

Reaction score
    Hi Guys, I've been playing on Star Made alot recently and a problem I've encountered, be it a bug or not, is that whenever I travel through a sector edge, I teleport to about 1 km away from where I was, despite being in the new sector and many things around me shift places.

I have been building a rather large fleet and they surround my station and when I went to pick up one of my friends, I accidentally knocked one of my under construction ships, now this wouldn't be too much of a problem but now I've knocked it into a separate orbit (I assume the motion is an orbit cause it's basically the same) and now whenever I try to fly towards the ship, I get teleported far away when I'm about 200 meters away.
    There has been times when I've been able to get onto the ship and such but then I'd go over to the core and I'd be teleported away. I can only assume this is due to traversing between sectors since every time it happens, I end up in a different sector to before.

P.S - Thanks In advance to anyone who replies with a solution or at least explanation
    P.S.S - Sorry if this thread is in the wrong category and/or if there is already a thread about this problem but when I was looking around for a solution, I couldn't find anything

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    this bug was fixed a wile back
    but it apears schema re added it in the new update along with painfully cheap faction modules and some nice shield drain and supply beams

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, I saw something like this yesterday while mining an asteroid. From time to time while using my salvage beams it seemed like the asteroid position jumped a little bit. Certainly not as much as OP described, but a very noticeably few meters nevertheless.
    (using release 0.163 with all default settings)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Jananton .. it might jump a bit when you are at sector border while doing it. Its like the screen shakes slightly, is that what you have seen ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, it's just like the blocks - the asteroid ones - jump, or switch position a bit. It seemed to be triggered when the beam animation- and the corresponding block vanishes. I thought it could be because of working on a sector edge, but it happened not every time though. I wonder if the edge of a sector changes slightly when the mass of the asteroid and so the total mass in a sector changes. Because of rounding errors one wouldn't see this 'jumping' happen every time, but just as a certain threshold is reached.
    Just guesstimating of course. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This bug is indeed really annoying. Apparently the game thinks that the planet is standing still, and the universe is turning around it. It makes no sence, and has as result that you always see the same planets on the same segment, and that you can't pass through a planet sector without getting disorientated, because even the navigation goes all insane. (Waypoints move, selected targets move. Basically anything with a diamond hud symbol moves. The only way to get where you want to go is by ignoring the diamonds and flying in the direction where it was (and actually still is).