Random Star

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have been trying out the Dev build v0.192 and while admin warping into the void to try and locate another galaxy I discovered a random star sitting 2000+ system sectors away from anything else.

Unfortunately I didn't grab a screenshot but suffice to say it was a bazaar site to see an orphaned star in such a remote corner of the universe. I did approach it and it was real, no planets or asteroids were located around it, just a star. The star also didn't appear on the map or include any markers to show it's location.

I consider this an easter egg myself but I thought I should report it incase it wasn't intentional.

I will attempt to repeat the process again to see if I can spot another rogue star and link the image to this post.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I was under the impression that the other galaxies do not show up on the map yet. If that is true then perhaps you managed to find a star in another galaxy and not realize it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the universe is randomly generated.
    everytime you start a new worldsave this could happen.
    this star might be a part of the same galaxy

Its just like when a planet generates and a block is flying in the air.
    Its not suppose to happen, but it does anyway.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I have already seen stars that appear far beyond the arms of a galaxy. Those should be aloud to stay in game. Stuff like that would happen IRL anyway. It's not the worst idea to have a random star or 2 in the middle of the void.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This definitely was a physical star as when I approached it I had the message about being to close and getting roasted. I had god mode enabled to help me test the map out without fear of death.

Also it definitely, definitely wasn't a star in another galaxy. I was examining the map and I could clearly see 2 galaxies 1 to my left and 1 below and to the right of my view. The star I was near was located massive above both galaxies.

It might be a graphics glitch as @Sven_The_Slayer says, but would that then include physics? Hmmmm I need to replicate this as it is quite a interesting occurrence.

Either way I agree with @Vanhelzing it is something that is both unexpected but realistic. I'd like to see it has a implemented feature, if for no other reason that it is freakishly cool.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Try it again with the latest dev and take a screenshot of your map. That visual bug he mentioned is fixed now.