Random Space Aliens

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, I was on a server exploring planets today, and i got to thinking about how the life on the planets was all the same for each planet type. I then thought about the noticeable lack of space creatures. I got to thinking, how could you add random space creatures without too much effort? My idea is as follows. Take the attributes of earth animals, and randomize them to make freaky aliens.

You would start with a blank animal template, for example, the body of a Minecraft pig, without any skin. From there you would have 3 skins for it, Fur, Scale, or a bug exoskeleton. These skins would then be randomized onto the pig when it spawns, so you could have a space equivalent of a boar, a reptilian pig, or a bug pig thing. Now there would be a funny looking space pig on a planet, but there isn't any challenge in it. Now onto the stats.

A setup of different abilities, that could then be randomized onto any creature in the game, and that are based on the abilities of animals on our planet. Each ability would have a different special effect on both the player, and blocks. For Example.

Acid- Corrosive damage to hulls, and other blocks, slowly damaging it over a period of a few seconds, also poisons player.
    Quills- projectiles that the animal shoots at you, also hurts the player if run into on animal.
    Chameleon Skin- Animal can go invisible if it sits in one place for a few seconds, reappears if creature moves.
    Tusks- Melee damage on contact, animal tries to run into you.

The animal would then spawn with one, or more of these random abilities, So, now the pig could be an acid spitting space reptile.

Along with this randomization there would have to be some sort of, if simple, stat system, so that you know the general damage and HP of these space aliens. My idea is this. Have 4 difficulties, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane, the stats would then be ranges, based on the difficulty. For Example.

Easy: Hp: 10-15 Attack Damage: 3-6
    Medium: Hp:15-20 Attack Damage: 6-9
    Hard: Hp: 20-25 Attack Damage: 9-12
    Insane: Hp: 25-30 Attack Damage: 12-15

The animal would then have the chance to spawn with one of these added to its name, which could be as simple as "Specimen (Number) (Difficulty)" The stats would then be selected from those ranges based on difficulty. and added to the Abilities of the animal. This could then be applied to a variety of body shapes, with a variety of skins, and even more abilities, to make truly scary space aliens. A planet could spawn with three randomly generated alien species, that could attack you an cause a real challenge.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Duplicate of http://star-made.org/content/random-space-aliens

Reaction score
    You seriously should have checked the suggestions before posting this, there has to be at least 50 entries about adding alien mobs. These repetitive posts are getting so bad it may soon become nessecary to punish people for it on the first offense. Please for the good of all things StarMade make sure your idea doesn\'t already exist somewhere else.

Not trying to be mean but duplicate posts are drowning all the original posts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I understand, I\'m sorry for yet another duplicate post. I\'ll try to remember to check in the future.