Random Rotor Suggestion

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yo.

So playing around with rotors, I've noticed that it is hard to get the angle of rotation that you want sometimes, sometimes even causing great design issues that make you have to rework some parts in a complicated. Most solutions to this involve having a smaller Angle increment, more blocks to link and control the angle, and even use of a GUI screen.

My suggestion is for a single block to be slaved to a rotor (say a button) that changes how it rotates. So long as it is receiving a Active signal, the rotor will turn, but will stop as soon as the signal is cut. This would allow those who want more advanced play with rotors would use area triggers to cut the signals when the rotor reaches it's destination, but leaves the basic rotor systems we have now for those that don't need the finer control.

Just one of my random thoughts I have trying to sleep.

Reactions: AtraUnam

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This would be extremely useful. Good idea!

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Nice suggestion but area triggers don't detect docked entities and are pretty shit at even detecting separate ones with any reliability.

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I was thinking it could be more like the speed control system, want to do half a circle? have one activator attached off and one on. Want to make a logic contraption that can point the rail in all 360° from any position? It'll take space but you can.