Random Lag Spikes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i hope this is the right area for this, if not i apologize.

So here is my problem, as i loaded up my Starmade today i seems to now be getting random lag spikes at regular intervals. Now, yesterday as i played the game everything was fine, little to no lag.

I am not sure if its just me, or something with the game. However as I was moving around my station(or in empty space in a empty sector) suddenly FPS drops from 60 fps to 1 fps and stays there for about 3-5 sec, then jumps back up to 60 fps. As I ht F7 seven to see what is causing said lag, all i get is sector total ranging from 75ms to 380ms. I also get lag while opening up menus like inventory, weapons and navigation. checking my CPU, it never runs over 40% and memory is also fine.

I have reset the game data, and re downloaded latest update(did not work). I created a new world, and moved to a empty sector to test the problem(with no ships or anything else). Did not fix the problem. I have moved the max Memory up to 6Gigs, still does not help. Here are my computer specs:

Processor-
    Intel Core i7-4510U 4th Gen “Haswell” Dual-Core 2-3.1GHz 4MB Cache (~3,900 PassMark benchmark points)

Graphics-
    Nvidia GeForce GT 840M 2GB Dedicated Video Card

RAM-
    8GB

Storage-
    1000GB (1TB) HDD

Help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Allocate more RAM to the game. When you launch the game, the first launcher screen, hit options > memory settings and allocate more. Make sure you have 64bit java.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It was the Java, mine seem to have been corrupted somehow. I removed the old one and installed the newest version of java and everything works fine now. Don't know why i did not check the java first.

Thanks for the help
    ~LF