Rails: Precise Deviation Through Counter-Rotation

Is this revolutionary?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
    • There is a better way to do this. (Explain please)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I am sure everyone will agree with me when I say that the 45 degrees of movement is simply not small enough for complicated builds. I found a workaround.

I had the idea when I realized that although the angle you could chose to move your joints was fixed, speed is variable. So I thought that if I set two rotational forces to counteract each other, and then adjust the speed slightly, I could achieve smaller angles in a controlled manner. Let the GIF speak for itself:
    It is slightly wobbly when it is at an angle, but this can be reduced if you increase the angle that the rotators move.

What do you think, is this common knowledge? Or is this, say, revolutionary?

Here is the BP: Precise Deviation Example

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Turret Rotations. I think, so long as it isn't colliding, it will maintain it's rotation. I would recommend catching GamingWithSaber on Twitch, as he can explain this better than me.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've had this idea in my head for a while. It's very interesting, and could be useful for some things, but at the present moment I never found a practical application for it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Considering the fact it is so unstable, it is probably only going to be used in niche roles, such as logic-aimed guns. Still, it is an interesting way to move in smaller increments. Eventually, I will attempt at making it more stable.