Rails bug

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    wasn't sure if this is definately a bug or where to put it...

This issue is this. rotator blocks do not give out a low signal while they are in motion. this is a problem for linking rotations into a sequence as there is no way of having detection of when a rotator is moving and when it is stationary.

I don't know if this is deliberate but it seems to me like it is a bug and it definatley adds limitations on what can be done with rotating blocks.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    wasn't sure if this is definately a bug or where to put it...

This issue is this. rotator blocks do not give out a low signal while they are in motion. this is a problem for linking rotations into a sequence as there is no way of having detection of when a rotator is moving and when it is stationary.

I don't know if this is deliberate but it seems to me like it is a bug and it definatley adds limitations on what can be done with rotating blocks.
    they give a signal after finishing the turn that it had to make.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I know. But that is still not propper detection because if you have an activation block next to a rotator then it just stays on permanently instead of only being on when the rotator is stationary.

This means that it will not work properly in sequence especially if you want to make the same motion with 1 rotator multiple times in 1 sequence.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You could use a couple of buttons and an RS latch, connect the 'turn' pulse to one half, and the button next to the activator next to the other half. The output of the latch will stay high until the rotator has completed the movement

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I know. But that is still not propper detection because if you have an activation block next to a rotator then it just stays on permanently instead of only being on when the rotator is stationary.

This means that it will not work properly in sequence especially if you want to make the same motion with 1 rotator multiple times in 1 sequence.
    You could use a couple of buttons and an RS latch, connect the 'turn' pulse to one half, and the button next to the activator next to the other half. The output of the latch will stay high until the rotator has completed the movement
    or you just use a flip flop.
    put a button next to the rotor, connect button to flipflop, connect flop flop to not there you have it.
    now it will give you a signal for not moving and for moving.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    or you just use a flip flop.
    put a button next to the rotor, connect button to flipflop, connect flop flop to not there you have it.
    now it will give you a signal for not moving and for moving.
    Yes, I am aware of both of these workarounds (obviously cookie yours is the simpler solution) its just that they require more blocks than should be necessary. there is no reason that an activation block next to a rotator should not behave in the same way as an activation block next to a rail basic.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, I am aware of both of these workarounds (obviously cookie yours is the simpler solution) its just that they require more blocks than should be necessary. there is no reason that an activation block next to a rotator should not behave in the same way as an activation block next to a rail basic.
    the logic blocks are based on real life logic.
    there is not such a logic block in real life that works so specific.
    and because real life can do without such specific logic gate, this game can too.
    get it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the logic blocks are based on real life logic.
    there is not such a logic block in real life that works so specific.
    and because real life can do without such specific logic gate, this game can too.
    get it?
    The issue is with the rotator block - not the logic block

Reaction score
    I think it's a valid point, but I just thought how the logic block should trigger high when movement starts and low when stopped. It just makes more sense to me. If you want to detect when a rail stops, put a not block to a button.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I feel the exact same way about the rail docker. I feel that the docker should send a high pulse when docked and a low when un-docked, just the same way a rail basic does, to enable logic events to happen on the ship that docks (or undocks) from a station without having to use a bunch of wireless effect modules.