Railguns

Reaction score
    I was thinking about a new type of cannon, a more slow firing high damage cannon. Railguns would be good for those large capital size turrets instead of amc cannons that shoot 100 shoots in a few seconds. you could build them much the same way as amc's but they use a projectile much like a missile. However they would be unguilded and much faster which longer range. The idea is to creat "artillary" cannons. I know you can use the d1000 in much the same way but in order to get them to be effective they need a lot of blocks which isnt very efficent. The great thing about the rail guns is it can be used in the same manner as an amc, with the same basicstats, just slower firing longer range with maybe a little more bleed through on the shileds. This gives fighters and small ships the chance to utilize them. Just an idea.

Reaction score
    I think I\'m more fond of this idea: http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

That person\'s proposal allows you to achieve the mechanics you\'re looking for.