Rail Turrets and Walkers Don't Mix

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Ok, so I had been working on mecha a while back, making tremendous progress with their development. I had defied the lack of friction, by using plex doors to fake it successfully. My latest design, the Mecha Wolf, included a fancy turret, so that you could aim, shoot and drive all from the turret.

This is where my problem starts. If you actually try to pilot the thing from a turret mounted on top, you can't move. Same goes if it is unmanned, and sporting a turret. Here is an example:

Compare this to a similar GIF:

To help you see what is going on, both GIFs actually end on a server save so the walker will pause before the GIF resets.

Now it is quite clear from the documentation that the turrets are causing the walker in the first GIF to teleport back to the beginning, while the same walker with the turret dismounted can move around fine. I am hoping that you Rail Geniuses out there can help me solve this problem, or at least have this bug properly documented(which I intend to do soon).

Here is the design used in the GIF http://starmadedock.net/content/mecha-wolf.2774/

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Does the same thing happen with a single rail docker block docked to it instead of the full turret?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Does the same thing happen with a single rail docker block docked to it instead of the full turret?
    I tested this when I saw your question. I am quite relieved to tell you that a single rail docker does not seem to effect the mech. Additional testing shows that the turret's mass has nothing to do with the glitch, as I had put another turret for elevation(with the turret totaling 4 blocks) and ran into the same problem.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I tested this when I saw your question. I am quite relieved to tell you that a single rail docker does not seem to effect the mech. Additional testing shows that the turret's mass has nothing to do with the glitch, as I had put another turret for elevation(with the turret totaling 4 blocks) and ran into the same problem.
    Hmm. I'm not an expert with this system by any means but I initially assumed that it had to do with the mass of the turret. Perhaps switch things around? Instead of docking the turret to the base, can you try docking the base to the turret so the turret is the root entity on the chain?