Rail-to-rail transfer?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Is there any plan to allow a docked entity to move from the rail system of one ship to that of another ship if the rails match up? Yes, we have the rail docking block, which works in some instances, but any use would involve a brief (4 sec.) un-docked period.

I have this dream of automatically loading torpedoes on fighters in the carrier bay, but I can't see how to do it without a rail-to-rail system.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    using pickup areas you could always load in clips.

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    the problem with the current system is the inability to reload clips while moving, you need to be completely motionless to reliably cross dock objects.

A block that will skip over to another rail instantly would fix what KiloZulu is bringing up. I for one am completely for this feature. Having the ability to crane/elevator ships from rack storage to launchtube would add another level of immersion

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I think you could bodge something together with shoot-out rails feeding a magnetic rail-docker.

If that does not work I would advocate for some kind of auto-docking beam (deploy-able by logic or a fleet-order) to allow more docking automation. In other words give an AI-entity the ability to use the rail-docking beam to attach to a pick-up point. Alternatively give the pick-up rail a tractor-beam function triggered by logic to facilitate 'reeling in' an entity.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Definitely planned, as well, just not high-priority.