Read by Schine Rail rotator free axis

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A new rail block that can't rotate docked entities with logic or alone but only if pushed by physical stuff, imagine clock wheels. Logic may only be used to set max possible speed or block it completely.

Reactions: Lecic

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Agrees and likes are fine, but what about some replies?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Logic idea details: (Assuming a general "friction" that may or may not be defined by mass/rotation-speed blocks)
    Activation blocks can be set up to define the maximum speed of the rotation? (E.g. 2 blocks attached, only 1 active: 50% max rotation speed)
    OR logic: removes friction: once set in motion, the attached entity continues to rotate at that speed indefinitely until touched again.
    AND logic: once the rotation friction brings the rotation down to a minimal speed, the entity continues to slowly turn until it reaches its original rotation, then stops.
    NOT logic: once entity slows to a stop, reverses direction at the same speed and returns to the original rotation, then stops. (Think: Doors with auto-close pneumatic closure box)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would really like the "joint" idea. To be more precise, I have had quite a few moments that I wanted to suggest it. Wanted to make an engine or actual gears! a clock working on gears... imagine... :D I have no idea if this will ever be possible either programming wise or processor wise (as collision and processor are not the greatest friends)

If you have any ideas you want to suggest relating this topic, please do so.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am not sure exactly how far the merits of this feature go. What does this do for gameplay? There are only a few responses in this thread. I will jot this suggestion down however it seems to impact gameplay in a minimal way.