Rail logic adaptors

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So with the recent update we can send cargo through rails, which got me thinking.
    Why can't we use a block to adapt signals through rails, without triggering standard rail behavior for signals?

So my suggestion is, a logic block that when slaved to a rail or docker will mirror that signal to a logic block slaved on the other side.

Or more visually,
    Adaptor <-> rail <-> docker <-> Adaptor.

This would allow arbitrary signals between docked systems and ships to trigger a variety of behaviors, and even saves on wireless logic if it can be implemented.

For example, a cargo pallet could trigger a closing/securing function on a freighter, or have additional logic on it triggered from the station/freighter without fussing around.

Alternatively a pilot could set up a modular system via a docked entity that they can trigger via inner ship remotes, without needing to manually hook up the wireless blocks.
    Literally plug and play.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We really need something like this now that we have cargo flowing in and out of rails.

I support either this or an extension of the logic beam, whatever lets me transfer signals without linking wireless blocks up.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe re-use Wireless blocks (unlinked ones) so that they have a secondary function. This way, regular logic still works, and you don't need a new block type as an adapter.