Rail launchers as torpedo launching tubes

Reaction score
    Just an idea to use the rail launchers from the fleets update to launch torpedos outside of their silo, allowing the silo to shrink in size. It may be possible to delay activation of the pulse logic until exit to allow one block silos.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So using Rail Launchers to launch warheads instead of the old beam method? You're aware people have done this since rail launchers got added, right?

Reaction score
    So using Rail Launchers to launch warheads instead of the old beam method? You're aware people have done this since rail launchers got added, right?
    Nope. In game player interaction form me in the last few weeks (or months!) has been a three player faction where after 30 minutes I couldn't do much more than mine an make my own stuff. I've never seen it in action, or any pictures though.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Just an idea to use the rail launchers from the fleets update to launch torpedos outside of their silo, allowing the silo to shrink in size. It may be possible to delay activation of the pulse logic until exit to allow one block silos.
    You're a little late to the party but that's ok; better late than never. Take a look at this.

That launcher predates launch rails but can easily be adapted to use them.

They ONLY thing missing with regard to warheads is a damage and radius buff.

Reaction score
    You're a little late to the party but that's ok; better late than never. Take a look at this.

That launcher predates launch rails but can easily be adapted to use them.

They ONLY thing missing with regard to warheads is a damage and radius buff.
    Nice:D

Reaction score
    Yeah this bomber has 4 rail drops for a basic warhead bomb.

It's the on on the left. I don't have a good pic of the bomb bays.
    Thanks, by basic warhead bomb do you mean without propulsion? That could work for flyby bombing runs.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Thanks, by basic warhead bomb do you mean without propulsion? That could work for flyby bombing runs.
    Yes, Warhead, Core, Docker, They fire straight down and seem to keep some of my forward momentum. If/when they update warheads it should be good for targeted take downs of turrets.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Looks like it's time to dust off my old SB-39...

Could you picture an AI fleet of these dumping ordnance on station/capital?
    SB-39E 1.jpg

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot.

The new 100x Launcher.
    - Based on the 25x launcher with all the same safeguards
    - Offers 100 chances to REALLY mess up someone's day.
    - Modular and eject-able for fast reloads.
    - 4 firing modes. Single, group salvo, 4 round automatic burst and continuous full-auto.
    100x Pathfider.jpg 100x Pathfider2.jpg
    I have a gif of this firing but it won't let me upload it. I'll have to look at other options; youtube for example.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    dangit, you did it before I did
    I guess Ill make an autoloading realistic naval turret using this concept... crap

8/8 you did great

Reaction score
    Yes, Warhead, Core, Docker, They fire straight down and seem to keep some of my forward momentum. If/when they update warheads it should be good for targeted take downs of turrets.
    That idea literally made me daydream about bombing runs on some big ship. I love warheads.
    Looks like it's time to dust off my old SB-39...

Could you picture an AI fleet of these dumping ordnance on station/capital?
    View attachment 25331
    You should get all your old warhead ships and submit them in the fleet contest. I imagine you should be able to rig a logic firing system up to fire them for the AI.
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot.

The new 100x Launcher.
    - Based on the 25x launcher with all the same safeguards
    - Offers 100 chances to REALLY mess up someone's day.
    - Modular and eject-able for fast reloads.
    - 4 firing modes. Single, group salvo, 4 round automatic burst and continuous full-auto.
    View attachment 25462 View attachment 25463
    I have a gif of this firing but it won't let me upload it. I'll ahve to look at other options; youtube for example.
    Gime gime gime. What does a full-automatic torpedo launcher even look like? Thats like a machine gun firing artillery shells.

Ples make video. I wana see that in action. Have you tried it in combat?(aka, have you wiped a pirate base off the map with it?)(aka, after that try it against a similar size warship)

If you can put that in the contest too. We need a warhead faction.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462892740,1462892438][/DOUBLEPOST]
    dangit, you did it before I did
    I guess Ill make an autoloading realistic naval turret using this concept... crap

8/8 you did great
    Thats something I wana see. Ship to turret transfer. Actually, if you had a station shipyard autoproducing torpedos and using push and magnetic docking to get it up in the turret... That would be awsome.

Reactions: nightrune