Rail gun

Reaction score
    I and a few others have gone through and reasonbly balenced out a rail gun already. this is the link, http://star-made.org/content/rail-gun-ready-testing. if you don\'t like it say so, and if it makes sense it will be added/changed.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Railguns typically do not use explosive chargers but sheer kinetic energy. They should be good at dealing with shields because I don\'t see an energy barrier fairing that well against something with so much force but only deal minor damage to hull several layers deep and have the damage fall off as it does so.

There should not be a weapon that punches into a ship and then explodes... that would just be OP, and if it is capable of penetrating several layers per shot then it shouldn\'t do massive damage because that too would be OP...

I suggested a railgun in another thread and I handle the fire rate differently, the railgun would have it\'s own built in capacitors so it would not drain from the ships reserves directly all at once but would cause a steady drain while recharging after each shot.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/rail-gun-ready-testing its the same thing but already thought through more.

Reaction score
    rail gun effect that uses skill and not just lazyness lol.

It has a long reload time, meaning that if you miss. you may not get a second shoot. I think that somewere form 10-30 sec is good

There should not be a weapon that punches into a ship and then explodes... that would just be OP, and if it is capable of penetrating several layers per shot then it shouldn\'t do massive damage because that too would be OP.

Railguns typically do not use explosive chargers but sheer kinetic energy.

the blast zone for the shell is small, adout 2-4 blocks. And railgun can fire shells.