Bug Rail Docker not docking to basic rail, gives error (not related to old docking system)

Reaction score
    I'm on a friend's dedicated server, and none of us can use the Rail Dockers on some little Basic Rail docking pads (single blocks of rail) I made on the side of our asteroid platform/base area (which is a factory and works fine atm)

The error we get is something like "rock cannot be hit by this beam" or some obscure irrelevant message when we select the rail docker from the hotbar and click on the rail spot.

Are you guys having the same issue? How do I use the rail dockers, if this is not how it's done? The youtube videos i've seen so far don't seem to help, as this is what i'm doing.

The docking ports are clear of obstructions and we are just trying to get a simple dock happening..

Here is a screenshot from steam

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    It might be a bug or we can't use rails on asteroids (Probably the first one).

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You used to not be able to dock anything on asteroids. Recently that changed but an old check is still in place, preventing you from doing that. It's a bug and else they would disable you from placing rail blocks on asteroids in the first place.

Reaction score
    well the bug tracker issue I added has been migrated to the new bug system as issue T140, so it should be resolved in the next update I hope.