• Meh, not a problem for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ever find yourself in a situation where you're flying a ship with multiple rail dockers and don't know which one is which? Of course, you could just have a go at test firing each one to see where each beam is coming from, but sometimes it's awkward to get a good camera angle to see them (that, and the current way that beams are drawn sometimes makes them very difficult to see).

What I suggest, is to allow rail dockers to be given labels that can be viewed in the hotbar, basically identical to the way inner ship remotes are handled. Press 'R' on a specific rail docker, and give it a name to distinguish it like "Port_Side_Dock" for instance. Voila, your docks can now be easily identified in your hotbar.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

EDIT: Also, if this has been suggested before, please point me in the direction of the nearest similar suggestion thread. Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yessir, put this right up there with the ability to name pickup points.

Reaction score
    Yes, oh yes, oh yes please. Never again will I have to wait after choosing the port side docker rather than the starboard docker and getting the "Structure Does Not Fit" message!

Reaction score
    I was thinking the same thing. And/Or the ability to create a camera order for scrolling through camera views. It would take as long to get docking cameras if you could assign a camera scrolling order.