Rail docker beam?

Reaction score
    Has anyone notice that the docking beam from the rail docker dose not come from the ship core or camera.

This makes it really difficult to dock larger ships as the range on the docker is not large enof.

If we can have the beam come from cameras again that would make life a lot easier.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    this is a confirmed bug if my memory is correct

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I've noticed and its incredibly annoying, mostly because if you put the rail docker on the bottom of the ship or the side, you can no lnger manuever the ship. So great, you can either move the ship and see where you're going, or you can dock, but not both.

Gets really unweildy with larger ships where you have to guestimate where the rail docker block is and switch back and forth between cameras until you actually get the rail block in sight on the docking cam.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You dock from the rail docker. It doesn't make SENSE for it to come out of the camera or core. Just use a docking camera.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think the best solution would be that the beam hits what ever is under the cursor in flight mode. Like a focusing beam weapons.